[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1304628 times)

used 1070's are insanely cheap yo

Having dug in pretty deep all day today, I think Im gonna get a 1660 Ti. Excited to pair it with the new Ryzen series.

Update: bought a 1660 Ti and Ryzen 3600 build
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 11:21:26 PM by Vigil »

im still sticking up with my gtx 1050 ti & ryzen 3 1200 build and i hope it will be enough to run doom eternal for when it comes out, i dont mind setting the graphics a bit lower i guess

Ok I need some GPU recommendations here. I don't think I want to spend an arm and a leg for an RTX card, when the performance gain from the GTX is marginal at best. Is there anything worth spending on brand new without killing the pocket?

The 5700 XT is really tempting. The price is so cheap compared to Nvidia cards for similar performance.

Btw, this website is amazing for comparing PC components: https://www.userbenchmark.com

The 5700 XT is really tempting. The price is so cheap compared to Nvidia cards for similar performance.

Btw, this website is amazing for comparing PC components: https://www.userbenchmark.com

I know, the 5700 looked really good but I don’t want a blower reference card. I could have waited for the different manufacture versions but I wanted to get this stuff rolling. Might sell the 1660 Ti down the road if it ends up making more sense to get the 5700.

Also, for anyone considering a Ryzen 3000 build, GamersNexus revealed in his 3900X LN2 livestream yesterday that this series is heavily dependent on good cooling for the PB2 to scale its performance properly. Stock coolers are alright but if you want to push your CPU even a little bit past stock, or heavy load, that a better cooler will see immediately better performance.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:26:12 AM by Vigil »

when I upgrade I'll be going with a Ryzen 7 3700x and keeping the clocks stock, and a used 1070 since they're super cheap

I mostly need CPU horsepower and more RAM capacity than I do with an OP graphics card

RX 570; yay or nay
i'm getting a monitor with freesync

how much are you getting the 570 for

how much are you getting the 570 for
i can get a power color/XFX 4gb card for 160US
however i am also interested in a 1660 because of nvidia's geforce experience (my laptop has an nvidia gpu so i have used it before)
is the 580/590 decent too?
i can get a 590 for 202 US dollars, which is 17 dollars less than the most affordable 1660 available right now
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 06:23:59 PM by jtchoi2003 »

gsync with a freesync monitor can only be done with a display port cable (as far as i know) so if i'm going with the green team i would have to get a slightly more expensive monitor
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 06:23:41 PM by jtchoi2003 »

Real talk would I be able to put together a decent build for $700

$700 is plenty for a midrange build.

Honestly just looking for something to max our graphics wise not VR or anything like that and I haven’t built a PC since 2011 so I’m rusty. Is the GTX 1070 a move?

idk jack stuff about computers but how much do you think a decent laptop should be priced at that can at least run games like team fortress 2?

ya

For 700 u could do a Ryzen 5 3600, a good B450 board (may need an update kit from AMD), 16gb DDR4, an SSD / HDD, good case / psu, and a used 1070 for roughly 200usd (check eBay or /r/hardwareswap)

idk jack stuff about computers but how much do you think a decent laptop should be priced at that can at least run games like team fortress 2?
Ryzen 5 /7 APU laptops are real cheap and can run TF2 great as forget and other lighter games or AAA games if u lower settings
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:37:02 AM by Insert Name Here² »