Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1308654 times)

That's not true at all, and since you said that I'm going to assume you don't know much about computers.
This is coming from the guy that thinks you need a sound card to use a headset

wel u do muzles......

wel u do muzles......
i dont have a sound card and i can use headsets

i dont have a sound card and i can use headsets
wtf hacks

So I was thinking about doing triple screen soon with double 670's, but with the problem Mack's having, I might just grab a GTX Titan.

Is it worth it...?

So I was thinking about doing triple screen soon with double 670's, but with the problem Mack's having, I might just grab a GTX Titan.

Is it worth it...?

No, it's not. The problem that Mack is having is due to the lack of VRAM. He is using 2 670s with 2GB of GDDR5 each. That equates to 4GB spread across a ridiculous resolution. If you get 2 of the 4GB 670's you will have 8GB of VRAM. This will allow you to push higher resolutions without frame-rate drop. If you want better results however, I would go with two GHz Edition 7970's. they are about the same price as the 4GB 670s but have been shown in gaming to be higher performing. Also 7970s can be overclocked like there is no tomorrow.

No, it's not. The problem that Mack is having is due to the lack of VRAM. He is using 2 670s with 2GB of GDDR5 each. That equates to 4GB spread across a ridiculous resolution. If you get 2 of the 4GB 670's you will have 8GB of VRAM. This will allow you to push higher resolutions without frame-rate drop. If you want better results however, I would go with two GHz Edition 7970's. they are about the same price as the 4GB 670s but have been shown in gaming to be higher performing. Also 7970s can be overclocked like there is no tomorrow.
Ah okay, thanks. And I was planning on 4GB. And AMD is not an option for me. When you make computers and put OSX on it, you need to be careful with hardware, because OSX doesn't like some hardware, including AMD 7XXX Series. NVIDIA basically runs native to OSX.

Ah okay, thanks. And I was planning on 4GB. And AMD is not an option for me. When you make computers and put OSX on it, you need to be careful with hardware, because OSX doesn't like some hardware, including AMD 7XXX Series. NVIDIA basically runs native to OSX.

If you say so. But if I were you I would not spend my money on a Titan. You will get equal to better performance with 670 SLI.

If you say so. But if I were you I would not spend my money on a Titan. You will get equal to better performance with 670 SLI.
Ya I know, i'm taking your advice.

I'm trying to come up with ideas for this, but I need some help. Please just throw ideas at me.

What I need to do is temporarily change something on the windows system that will break software installation to the extent that anything that tries to install through the normal installation process should be completely broken.

You do though.  It's just that most motherboards have on-board sound chips.

that explains it

So you don't need a sound card because motherboards come with everything you do need in order to use an audio input/output device

the correct terminology is "discrete sound card"

Is it worth it...?

I can and will have the funds to afford a single Titan, but I wouldn't waste your money on it - if you're happy with SLI go for it, my concerns are just power consumption, heat issues, and the extended-desktop-issue that we're all having.