Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286153 times)

I want to change the amount of video memory in my laptops integrated GPU but the option is grayed out in the BIOS. Is there any way to change this?

I want to change the amount of video memory in my laptops integrated GPU but the option is grayed out in the BIOS. Is there any way to change this?
lol not really
some gpu's are able to use system ram as video memory, but I doubt yours can

lol not really

My laptops radeon HD 7600G can. It says the system memory is shared

lol not really
are you serious right now
that's what a loving integrated card is

That case looks like it'll get very dusty because of the giant vent on the side, unless there is a fan keeping dust from getting in.

well if its like every other case in existence, the fans on those vents blow outward...
otherwise there wouldnt be vents at all

well if its like every other case in existence, the fans on those vents blow outward...
otherwise there wouldnt be vents at all
My case has vents that don't have fans on them. They have mounts for fans however.

cheat engine?? lol why the forget do you need gay stuff like that

i used it to take some artistic screenshots in bioshock infinite
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177632218

Whats a good GPU which can run Blockland and Minecraft with these settings:
Blockland:
Max Shaders
Port's soft shadows at like 40fps kinda close to the brickcount.
Minecraft:
Normal & Fancy
Single player ( lol )

My budget is under 400 dollars for the GPU please it cannot go higher.
And could it not bottle neck this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284 .

EDIT: Also no expensive Nvidia's please, since there just.. plain.. expensive.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:42:07 PM by Zacks »

how much are you willing to spend
My budget is under 400 dollars for the GPU please it cannot go higher.

I want to spend like 400 dollars on the GPU that is not the whole build budget.

-snip-
first of all, there is not a single existing video card on the general market that will bottleneck a 8350, lol. maybe in like 4 or 5 years but definitely not now
and for minecraft, my integrated Intel HD is able to run that, lol. with a gpu of such high price youll be able to run minecraft max settings with the Shaders mod at a few hundred fps

anyways, 400 will get you some nice cards. i would recommend either an NVIDIA GTX770, which is priced at around $400, or an AMD 7970, which is around $310-$400

first of all, there is not a single existing video card on the general market that will bottleneck a 8350, lol. maybe in like 4 or 5 years but definitely not now
and for minecraft, my integrated Intel HD is able to run that, lol. with a gpu of such high price youll be able to run minecraft max settings with the Shaders mod at a few hundred fps

anyways, 400 will get you some nice cards. i would recommend either an NVIDIA GTX770, which is priced at around $400, or an AMD 7970, which is around $310-$400
Thanks for the advice, I just like making sure so I have 100% compatible parts down to the connectors and drivers & such. Well I have a ATI 9550 extreme (?) and it cannot run shaders (on BL) nor minecraft at far(? is that CPU dependant?). I'll also check those cards out thank you once again.

ok 7970 it is :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 12:01:51 AM by Zacks »

You could try a custom bios if an unlocked one was released for your computer.