Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1304971 times)

the forget is that
lol
hey kids should i buy my brother's completely-identical-model-to-mine 660ti 3GB and SLI it with my current 660ti 3GB

or should i buy an entirely new GPU on cyber monday
depends on what gpu you can get

the forget is that
the online tech shopping equivalent of black friday, takes place on the monday after black friday

idk for some reason having one day of mega assload savings wasn't enough so they decided to have mega assload savings for tech products (i.e. tvs, computer parts, etc.) on sites like newegg and whatever on monday.  no, i don't know why.

loldepends on what gpu you can get
let's assume $400.  would i be better off getting a 770 2GB or a second 660ti and SLIing them

i'd probably say go with a second 660ti, unless hes selling it for an unreasonably high price

I thought SLI has no real difference?

There is a real difference, especially when using high resolutions.

there is, but its around x1.4 - x1.6 performance increase iirc

660ti sli > 780
Might as well just get another 660ti for around 200.

What leetzero said. The fx-8350 is about $200 dollars, but the i5-3570k ($220) destroys it in single threaded applications. The fx can beat the intel in well-threaded applications, but not by double, even though it has twice the cores of the other processor. There aren't many games out there that actually thread well (crysis is an example of a very well threaded game)
Ah so would an intel beat the fx in performance wise on blockland and minecraft? Since I got an computer with an amd fx eight core processor coming so if it is better I'll cancel my order and buy an intel cpu & mobo.

Ah so would an intel beat the fx in performance wise on blockland and minecraft? Since I got an computer with an amd fx eight core processor coming so if it is better I'll cancel my order and buy an intel cpu & mobo.
bl is single thread so yes it would do better

...in simple, non-intensive games like blockland and minecraft you can pretty much use any cpu made within the last 3 years
by "games" we meant more intensive games like bf3, civ5, tes 5, tf2, stuff like that

the forget is that
The day when everybody gives me cookies

I'm a loving linux user, add that to the poll.

I'm a loving linux user, add that to the poll.
wow watch out guys!!!!!