Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286502 times)

What in the hell

Matching apus to graphics card makes no difference as far as I'm aware of, and there's no such capability in ivy bridge? Not only are the FX series processors not worse than A series, they're far superior in terms of computational architecture because none of the die space is filled by graphics processing. Personally I think buying a FX-63## clocked over 3.5 ghz is a waste because of price/performance ratios, but that helps to emphasize the fact that you can't make sweeping generalizations about processor brands/architectures. FX is a power computing solution, A series is an integrated solution for low-end budgets.

I'd go for the FX 4350, personally. Don't really need 6 cores for much

I'd go for the FX 4350, personally. Don't really need 6 cores for much
the fx-6350 is only 10 bucks more so why not? future-proofed, optimized games run faster, bragging rights, etc

the fx-6350 is only 10 bucks more so why not? future-proofed, optimized games run faster, bragging rights, etc
For the same price you could get an i3-4130, which destroys any 6-core amd processor in games. If you're not going to use all 6 cores on your cpu at this exact moment in time, you should get the i3 because it's a haswell processor socket and you can upgrade through an i7-4770k if/when games become threaded more efficiently (it's going to be a while, trust me). If you're in to productivity or video editing the 6350 is a different story, but for games the i3 wins hands down

I guess my view of the A10 was misguided. I was told before it's release that it would be really showing up the FX bulldozers; but maybe it really didn't.

Oh well. I'll stick to my Phenom II.

Probably could show up Bulldozers, but the FX X350 lines are Piledrivers

Probably could show up Bulldozers, but the FX X350 lines are Piledrivers
Oh, I actually thought the Piledrivers would be a separate series.

I don't keep up enough with this stuff.

ok what the forget
ho-how is this even possible
my view has been really broken
i thought the fx-6350 would like
annihilate the i3
afghjf
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/351/AMD_FX-Series_FX-6300_vs_Intel_Core_i3_i3-4130.html
http://versus.com/en/intel-core-i3-4130-vs-amd-fx-6300
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-4130-vs-AMD-FX-6300
http://cpu-comparison.whoratesit.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-4130-vs-AMD-FX-6-Core-Black-Edition/1621vs1555
Comparison sites are crap, they only compare on-paper specs and synthetics, no real-world tests. While extra cache and cores are nice, they don't necessarily translate into actual performance gains

Oh, I actually thought the Piledrivers would be a separate series.

I don't keep up enough with this stuff.
Piledriver and Bulldozer are just architectures, similar to how i3, i5, and i7 are architectures

My laptops display wont go on. The keys light up to show that its on. When I close the laptop they keys are still lit up so its not going to sleep either. Before the display stopped entirely the laptop wouldn't change its screen brightness as well. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Comparison sites are crap, they only compare on-paper specs and synthetics, no real-world tests. While extra cache and cores are nice, they don't necessarily translate into actual performance gains
Piledriver and Bulldozer are just architectures, similar to how i3, i5, and i7 are architectures

wouldn't sandy bridge, ivy bridge, and haswell be the respective comparisons for architectures?

My laptops display wont go on. The keys light up to show that its on. When I close the laptop they keys are still lit up so its not going to sleep either. Before the display stopped entirely the laptop wouldn't change its screen brightness as well. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
You might want to try unscrewing the the screen bracket and removing and reconnecting the lcd cable.

Have you checked to see if it'll work with another monitor?

Have you checked to see if it'll work with another monitor?

I hooked it up to my TV via HMDI and it still doesn't work.

I hooked it up to my TV via HMDI and it still doesn't work.
Have you tried something with VGA?