[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1299497 times)

radeon cards are now just amd cards.
amd's latest cpu's are ryzen, which have been the first chips to actually give Intel some competition. They're definitely catching up, and the rx gpu series is a great low-to-mid range set of cards.

Unfortunately, GPU prices are up as of late because of cryptocurrency mining. Has hit AMD pretty hard and is now starting to hit NVIDIA pretty hard. Dunno when that'll change.
I'll probably be good with my GTX 1070 for a while, just my CPU needs a refresh at this point, 4690K I believe? Would I be better off investing in Ryzen or sticking with that mid-range Intel stuff?

I'll probably be good with my GTX 1070 for a while, just my CPU needs a refresh at this point, 4690K I believe? Would I be better off investing in Ryzen or sticking with that mid-range Intel stuff?
If you stream or do any "processing" like video editing then you'll want Ryzen.

can somebody please come over to chitownland and smash this thing thanks

don't buy the a320 motherboard. it can't overclock and is missing many features. b350 is a better choice overall.

get the asrock ab350m, it's literally 50 cents more and is much better

Also for the same price get the Corsair CX450 (2017). Since you have a clear aide panel, the Corsair has pitch-black cables and mesh sleeves so it looks much better, and is built around the current revision of the new CXM models so it'll be really good
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:10:58 PM by Insert Name Here² »

I've been away from the computer parts market for along time.

I think I'm going to be doing some upgrades to my build soon though, hopefully shortly after the move to my dorm.

I want to upgrade the CPU and am aware that this will probably require me to upgrade my motherboard too.

I can't be arsed to get my current CPU specs atm but I will later, but my mobo is the F2A85-M PRO. If you need any more details than that I can edit this or whatever, but I just want some advice and what you guys would do. Budget is not an issue at this point.

so i'm considering taking apart my computer to organize the cables and to clean it. should i?
here's what it looks like rn. it's an old photo but literally nothing changed

i'd say the only thing stopping me from organizing it is laziness and fear that i'll forget up and destroy my entire system

Cable management is pretty important. If you're careful and you know what goes where, it's easy to do. Don't use a vacuum to dust, use compressed air.

Also lol this thread

I'm just here to stop it from dying

Any good 'student-budget' computers I can aim for?
To be really fair I'm really aight with something portable, thus laptops are my reco's
I have 0 courage to build one, and I'm getting a part time job soon.

Any good 'student-budget' computers I can aim for?
To be really fair I'm really aight with something portable, thus laptops are my reco's
I have 0 courage to build one, and I'm getting a part time job soon.
Get the acer predator 21 x

not even a 1080 ti ti xl

10/10 it puts the cheesy on my peeny

you should change the refresh rate on your main monitor to 144 Hz tho, otherwise your 1080 is kinda pointless