[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1308898 times)

explain why my used space is twice as large as the size of everything on my drive.

If I recall correctly the 'properties' window doesn't include system images or VHD's.

I had like a forgetton of arma 3 and skyrim mods installed I forgot about

Whoops

Fix my critical process died

>Transcoding rig
>Cpu transcoding

Youre better off with a quadro or some high end gpu if youre going to transcode. Well if its supported at least.

>Transcoding rig
>Cpu transcoding

Youre better off with a quadro or some high end gpu if youre going to transcode. Well if its supported at least.
Adobe Media Encoder and Handbrake only use the CPU for transcoding, and Premiere doesnt use a whole lot of the GPU for playing back unrendered video. The only Quadro that could fit in the 2U case (the P1000) has significantly lower specs and a higher price than the 1050 Ti. Moving to a full size video card is also out of the question as we need 3 additional slots for the Osprey Video capture cards we're planning on using

Adobe Media Encoder and Handbrake only use the CPU for transcoding, and Premiere doesnt use a whole lot of the GPU for playing back unrendered video. The only Quadro that could fit in the 2U case (the P1000) has significantly lower specs and a higher price than the 1050 Ti. Moving to a full size video card is also out of the question as we need 3 additional slots for the Osprey Video capture cards we're planning on using
Adobe media encoder support cuda encoding.
You can also get an older titan
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:45:17 PM by espio100 »

did you not read his post

New CPU time, I just got a stuff load of grad money so lets do this. If any tech wizards can give me some recommendations that are compatible with my motherboard, it would be very appreciated.

i7 4770k / 4790k

If you update your motherboard's BIOS, you can get either one, since haswell refresh requires bios updating

i7 4770k / 4790k

If you update your motherboard's BIOS, you can get either one, since haswell refresh requires bios updating
How would I go about doing that?

How would I go about doing that?
google "(your motherboard + model number) bios update"

If you know anybody that makes a low profile Titan let me know. Really the 1050 Ti should be decent enough for encoding but Adobe is garbage at optimizing for GPU encoding so I didn't want to invest much in the GPU, and if it isn't enough I'll just use the CPU.

If you know anybody that makes a low profile Titan let me know. Really the 1050 Ti should be decent enough for encoding but Adobe is garbage at optimizing for GPU encoding so I didn't want to invest much in the GPU, and if it isn't enough I'll just use the CPU.
ey when you make the build, be sure to post some pics if you can

Also any reason for going with Osprey capture cards? Is it for the legacy input, software or what?