Poll

Poll • Military Weapons

Keep the military weapons to intensify and create chaotic combat.
Cut down on military weapons to keep realism and make finding guns very serious.

Author Topic: DayB • 1/14/14  (Read 101019 times)

It's just that- well- why would people play a Lego copy of DayZ when they could just play DayZ and have a arguably better experience in the engine it was designed for?
Maybe some people can't buy Arma 2 or they hate the glitchy ass zombies, though these aren't perfect either.

There will be four speeds of movement in the initial release including sprint, run, walk and crawl. Sprinting for a long distance will eventually force you to run. Running will be slightly slower than sprinting. Both sprinting and running will be significantly faster than walking. Crawling will primarily be reserved for moving under objects or if your player has been crippled.

Your player's movement speed will not impact your hunger directly, but it will further decrease your thirst.

No crouching? it's like the thing I use the most in all dayz

We can add crouching, but there is no animation for it.

Couldn't find time to do the development video, we're trying to do it asap guys! :^(

I have an idea for sprinting. How about if you do it for too long or to its maximum length your run speed actually gets slower until you stop and catch your breath?

That's actually how it will work. Unfortunately there is no easy way to slow movement speed when your energy empties, only stop it. There is also no way to consistently detect when the player has empty stamina.

Maybe there's some function or variable I'm missing?

I figured out a workaround. When you sprint, your energy will not rebuild until you stop sprinting. If you start sprinting again, your energy starts to lower again.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:46:14 AM by Shappeh »

Is this still even going on?

It is- I've been extremely busy and I don't have my computer so there's a bit of a lack of communication.

To be honest, I don't know if this project will ever be finished.

you can't just give up after 9 months of work and all the content that's already been made

I can wait
The community can wait

take your time, we just want to play it though

It is- I've been extremely busy and I don't have my computer so there's a bit of a lack of communication.

To be honest, I don't know if this project will ever be finished.
Derroith,
don't you dare let down the community on a dayz mod for the kazillionith time
i will injure you

Lobbies are done and functioning!

Like Derroith mentioned, I recently finished a unique feature of DayB that I will refer to as "RoomService". Basically it is a spawn lobby that allows users to select previous character saves before spawning into the game. The lobby does not allow any player interaction, only viewing and selecting of character saves.

This feature prevents multi-clienting while still allowing multiple connections under the same Blockland key. Plus it is a really neat way to extend persistence to support multiple saves without the use of any obnoxious commands.

This is a big step in DayB because after I piece together my previous code with this RoomService feature, we will be one step closer to having a small survival test server.