3 Weapons for an Apocolypse

Author Topic: 3 Weapons for an Apocolypse  (Read 6495 times)

In a scenario where zombies attack, your government goes insane, what weapons would you want to use? Take into account the weapon's availability, cost, weight, etc.
You can use 3 item slots-

A- Primary (Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, etc)
B- Secondary (Pistol, SMG, Grenades, etc)
C- Melee (Combat Knife, Katana, Chainsaw, etc)

For Me:
Primary- AA-12

Probably the most powerful shotgun in existance. It is also legal (semi-automatic) in PA, the state I live in. Though this is quite a rare gun to find, it can be much more effective than a regular Pump-Action shotgun. I'd prefer to use it with Flachette or Buckshot rounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

Secondary- Glock 18

Very durable for it's price, and it fires the popular 9mm rounds. It can be picked up at most local stores for a reasonable cost. Luckier folks can get their hands on a fully-automatic version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsXMb0GtS44

Melee- Katana

An awesome Japanese sword, what more would you want? Cut those heads right off! No need for stabbing with a silly combat knife!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:28:28 PM by curiosblockland6 »

have fun always greasing up your auto-shotgun

My fists, my fists and a twinky.

I hear AA-12's are pretty reliable.

they're like, waterproof, and have no recoil.

An AA-12 is pretty reliable compared to other options. I doubt I could ever get my hands on one, though.

Still a waste of money.

as soon as you pull that trigger, it's almost like an automatic, it'll just shoot out the whole barrel before you relize it.

meh, i'll stick with the old pump-action.

All I need is a Walther P22

Lightweight and compact, ammo is easy to find, and almost no kick (All of these are because it is a .22)

An AA-12 is pretty reliable compared to other options. I doubt I could ever get my hands on one, though.
Right away that makes it a poor choice for an apocalypse weapon. Same thing with the katana.

Speaking of the katana, you're probably more likely to accidentally cut off your arm or fall on it than use it effectively against the undead.

You dumb stuff you don't need to grease or lube an AA-12.

LOL why do you need a water proof firearm when you're not going to be in any water

Primary- AA-12
You're a scrub and you would die in an "Apocolypse".

MP5 - I would choose an MP5SD but the ammo it uses is much less common and the gun itself isn't used by the police in the UK, the MP5 is.

Beretta M9 - Solid pistol, also in use by the police so it'd be relatively easy to get one.

For melee I would have to choose a Katana as well, but that's only if I had one or could get one, chances are I'd get a sledgehammer, shovel or crowbar instead as we have all three, crowbar is in my house and the shovel and sledgehammer are in the shed so I'd get the crowbar first and swap it for one of the others if I can make it to the shed, if not I'll just go on with the crowbar.

Pretty realistic choices if I do say so myself

MP5 - I would choose an MP5SD but the ammo it uses is much less common and the gun itself isn't used by the police in the UK, the MP5 is.

Beretta M9 - Solid pistol, also in use by the police so it'd be relatively easy to get one.

For melee I would have to choose a Katana as well, but that's only if I had one or could get one, chances are I'd get a sledgehammer, shovel or crowbar instead as we have all three, crowbar is in my house and the shovel and sledgehammer are in the shed so I'd get the crowbar first and swap it for one of the others if I can make it to the shed, if not I'll just go on with the crowbar.

Pretty realistic choices if I do say so myself

budk.com

problem solved

M14 Carbine
Glock G21 SF
Basic axe or hatchet

as soon as you pull that trigger, it's almost like an automatic, it'll just shoot out the whole barrel before you relize it.

meh, i'll stick with the old pump-action.
$20 you've never fired an AA12 outside a video game

meh, i'd probably break into various gun stores.

SVD with strap (to carry on back so I could carry another primary) - To pick off zombies from a distance so I wouldn't have a horde running at me

G18 extended mag - most reliable pistol

I would get a bayonette and somehow attach it to my svd.