2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808

Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 132792 times)

Thanks alot for this Badspot, I'm really happy to see you using my Speedkarts on this

Speed Kart Game Mode
  • Borderless window mode - lets you go "full screen" and still be able to alt+tab easily.
  • setVehiclePowered event added to base
  • Event_Camera_Control add-on, implements setCameraBrick, setCameraNormal events on both client and minigame.
       usage is setCameraBrick <name of camera position brick> <name of camera target brick>
       this is the event used for the victory camera in gamemode_speedkart
  • Minigame respawn time can now be set to -1 (do not respawn), last man standing mode is implied
  • Minigame timelimit (settable in game modes) - minigame resets after time limit is reached
  • When a minigame is reset it now cancels all events started by people in the minigame
  • If minigame has respawn time of -1, dead players are put in observer mode.  Press space to change between orbit camera and free camera.  Left click/right click to go to previous and next players.  Living players get a bottom print message telling them how many people are observing them with orbit cam.
  • Functions from script_clearspam are now part of the base game code
  • When you die and press F8, the "click to respawn" text is now removed
  • Player smoke trail effect (from burning) is now removed on entering water
  • Orbit camera now has a fixed vertical offset so your view doesn't spaz out when the person you're observing crouches/uncrouches rapidly
Everything i am excited about

This is such an amazing (but mostly expected :cookieMonster:) update, great job Baddy (and Filipe, GSF Ghost and Amade)

Is it possible to make a first person camera while spectating?

Its here!
I cant wait to try this out

YES!!! Can't wait for the bot update as well.

alt tabbing in borderless does not work
it froze my blockland and wouldn't let me do anything

Gamemode_Speedkart turns off vehicle power automatically when vehicles spawn.  This does not happen in normal games because no one would be able to figure out how to turn on the vehicles. 
Haha ok, just making sure I didn't mess anything up.  Thanks :)

alt tabbing in borderless does not work
it froze my blockland and wouldn't let me do anything

Works fine for me, very fast and fluid when switching from BL in fullscreen to a windowed program then back to the fullscreen BL. Good job Badspot! :)

Camera are really broken. You cant respawn if you're in a camera and if do respawn somehow then the camera stays there.

There are many controls that are not disabled upon opening a new window over Blockland in this new fullscreen.

Trying to type in a notepad document renders my team chat opening, my player painting, and my player jumping or crouching.

And I am required to click my windows button twice to come fully out of Blockland's window, otherwise it just flashes and goes straight back to Blockland.

edit: It would seem that the problem is more or less randomized, sometimes the Blockland window backgrounds completely, sometimes its half and half.

I really have to mess with the button to do it correctly.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:11:53 PM by Conservative »

Camera are really broken. You cant respawn if you're in a camera and if do respawn somehow then the camera stays there.

You also get console spam if the camera doesn't exist

• Borderless window mode - lets you go "full screen" and still be able to alt+tab easily.
Marry me.

You must touch the gold brick at the end of the race to win
Is the golden brick still in adventure mode?

Holy stuff! This is awesome!

Anyway, is Blockland now 18+ because it has blood and gore?

Holy stuff! This is awesome!

Anyway, is Blockland now 18+ because it has blood and gore?
I guess now its official.