2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808

Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 132796 times)

Quite the bug fixes but also quite the 'new' additions. :D

Blood&gore
/useprintgun removed

These are the only two things that I don't like.. :c

I don't mind the Blood & Gore mod, but I am confused as to why Badspot chose to use it. I was surprised when I was on his server and saw that he had it. I'm still hoping one day it's possible to get retrieve colors from a client - so we can recreate the death animation you see in Lego games, where they just fall apart. It would be a simple edit of the Blood and Gore mod, minus the blood and red limbs.

I don't mind the Blood & Gore mod, but I am confused as to why Badspot chose to use it. I was surprised when I was on his server and saw that he had it. I'm still hoping one day it's possible to get retrieve colors from a client - so we can recreate the death animation you see in Lego games, where they just fall apart. It would be a simple edit of the Blood and Gore mod, minus the blood and red limbs.
What if there were no blood particles and just flying white body parts? Or maybe trails coming from the gibs that are similar to the cannon ball or pong projectile?

What if there were no blood particles and just flying white body parts? Or maybe trails coming from the gibs that are similar to the cannon ball or pong projectile?
And instead of a sound of a blood splatter, a brick breaking

IP addresses are no longer prefixed by "IP:", hopefully this doesn't break everything

Anyone wondering why the friend info feature on RTB doesn't show their server or why the player list isn't shown in server information anymore - this is why. I'll release a patch at some point.

I wish the shaders could run for low quality GPU's...

Overall I like the update but I was wondering, are the other gui's ever going to get an update to look like the Start Game gui?

The other gui's look dated, and the start a game gui fits in with Windows 8's Metro look very well.

On a side note, isn't Blood and gore being added make Blockland's rating higher?
Instead of how it would be T because of the spraycan.

Well according to the ESRB we now meet the Rated M category.
MATURE
Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, loveual content and/or strong language.

Only because of Blood and gore being implemented.
Another upside is now we will attract more mature and older players instead of the usual younger ones.

Now this need to be updated

Is it just me, or can ONLY admins place JVS? Whenever one of the players try to place it it only does the first line of events for the JVS.

I don't know. White body parts doesn't seem right. They'd have to match the colors that the player's avatar had.

Is it just me, or can ONLY admins place JVS? Whenever one of the players try to place it it only does the first line of events for the JVS.
Do we probably need to add the adminonly param to all of the input events to make them work?

Got a player to take a picture.

I'm still hoping one day it's possible to get retrieve colors from a client

It is, you'd just have to parent setNodeColor

Got a player to take a picture.
Yup, we gotta edit all the scripts to add ,0 to input events because for some reason the default value seems to be 1.

Yup, we gotta edit all the scripts to add ,0 to input events because for some reason the default value seems to be 1.
Wait. What. What the forget.