2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808

Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 133000 times)

isFile has always been there. I never even knew about fileExists, but I guess it was removed this update.
Same lol

Check your server settings. After the update I had the e-tard filter magically turn on and flood limits increased for admins.

Nothing.

Environment gui hotkey would be cool.

A default one would be nice.

I'm not sure that this is important at all, but in the SpeedKart gamemode when I am inside the default minigame, if I drop my camera at my player (F8) and then press the space bar to observe myself, then press the spacebar again, I will no longer be observing myself but the admin orb image will keep following and trailing my player's object wherever I move.

Ok, i think I've waited a fair amount of time for asking this:

If you are going to completely remove terrain and make all things blockland based off bricks, don't you think that vehicles should be coded a bit more "thorough" with them(meaning doesn't simply pass through most blocks)?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that would love to go up and down a ramp with out getting stuck on it, right?

Just say'in.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:35:23 PM by kingmk »

I'd be difficult to find and list all the statements on that. I remember somewhat recently it was said that coding that isn't simple and would cause complications, but I don't remember the specifics.

Badspot told people on his server what has to be rewritten. It's somewhat complex sounding.

The idea that he's actually looked into it though is quite appealing. It obviously means it's something he wants to do.

I've stared at the vehicle code that is still in torque 3D (the same code that is probably in blockland).  interesting stuff.

It obviously means it's something he wants to do.
Or it could be that he just knows what would need rewriting because he wrote it himself.
He could want to make some updates to vehicle physics, but let's not get our hopes up.

Or it could be that he just knows what would need rewriting because he wrote it himself.
He could want to make some updates to vehicle physics, but let's not get our hopes up.
Except that he didn't write it himself.
Remember that he's using an engine he didn't make, but modified.

I've stared at the vehicle code that is still in torque 3D (the same code that is probably in blockland).  interesting stuff.
Nope.

Badspot already said hes not switching to Torque 3D for a really really long time (Never probably)

Its more likely he slowly updates the code or one day he will release a version of it completely
 re-written vehicle physics that hopefully won't break our existing vehicles.