2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808

Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 135645 times)

Disable admin only events?It's because torque sucks and can only hold 20 physics vehicles as a hardcoded limit.
And 32 players...
I think that's enough.

except on nearly 3 occasions the playercount on one server has exceeded 100.

• environment.txt - Environmental settings, skybox, lighting, etc.  To create this file, adjust your environment settings manually, then use the console function saveEnvironment(<filename>);
 I feel stupid ;_;

I can't figure out how to get this to work / where this file saves

NVM, dug deeper into the thread and found it

saveEnvironment("base/environment.txt"); for anyone else who's wondering, it'll save in your base folder
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:45:13 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

This is done because Blockland apparently can't handle more than 20 vehicles without crashing.
There is a bypass via console but I don't remember it.
It doesn't crash the game. It puts too much stress on the connection, causing players to get delayed ghosting updates.

Makes me also wonder why you can only set the max players to 32.
That's only a limit for non-dedicated servers. This is because you're running a client and a server.

Apparently there's an event "client > winRace" that makes the win brick work in the speedkart gamemode, but how do I apply that in Custom gamemode?  The event doesn't show up and when I load the save in the speedkart gamemode it doesn't let me adjust anything.

Apparently there's an event "client > winRace" that makes the win brick work in the speedkart gamemode, but how do I apply that in Custom gamemode?  The event doesn't show up and when I load the save in the speedkart gamemode it doesn't let me adjust anything.
Enable the Gamemode_Speedkart add-on in custom mode.

So, how do I fix the problem of all events being admin only?
Seriously, how do I fix this?

So, how do I fix the problem of all events being admin only?

Which events are admin-only?

You edit the events, that's how.
  • Input events can now individually be made admin only, so the usage of registerInputEvent is now: registerInputEvent(%class, %eventName, %targetList, %adminOnly)

Which events are admin-only?
Every input event that isn't default.
Got a player to take a picture.

You edit the events, that's how.
Every single event? Umm...how about no? And how about Badspot fixes this crap?

Every input event that isn't default.Every single event? Umm...how about no? And how about Badspot fixes this crap?
This isn't badspot's problem. The add-ons are broken.

This isn't badspot's problem. The add-ons are broken.
It's not badspots fault? They all loving worked before the update, how are the events broken?

It's not badspots fault? They all loving worked before the update, how are the events broken?
Because the add-on developers added an extra 1 to the events for god knows what reason.

There was never supposed to be a 1 at the end, and now what that 1 does is makes events admin only.

Because the add-on developers added an extra 1 to the events for god knows what reason.

There was never supposed to be a 1 at the end, and now what that 1 does is makes events admin only.
Instead of saying how there's a one, how about someone explains how to freaking fix the stuff.

Instead of saying how there's a one, how about someone explains how to freaking fix the stuff.
You didn't ask me to tell you how to fix it. You asked me how they were broken.
If you keep up your stuffty attitude I'm not helping you.

You didn't ask me to tell you how to fix it. You asked me how they were broken.
If you keep up your stuffty attitude I'm not helping you.
How did I not ask how to fix it? Read the quote below.