Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 132998 times)

Have vehicles always taken precedence over brick loading?  It seems as if vehicle updates really slow down ghosting in speed kart servers
I've noticed that when you load a save with a lot of bricks vehicles usually spawn before the vehicle spawn brick loads.

Have vehicles always taken precedence over brick loading?  It seems as if vehicle updates really slow down ghosting in speed kart servers
Yeah, Badspot mentioned some time back that vehicles are high priority in networking. This is the reason for both the 20 vehicle cap and tumble-on-death being failed.

i know that you see death messages, and you've been playing blockland years apon years.
No, I'm saying that I didn't think it was a problem that we did see them.

I've always wondered why Particles/Emitters load in before bricks. Shouldn't bricks be the top priority and then everything else come after? Are particles/emitters just to easy/quick to ghost it's one of the first?

For some reason, when I start my server up with my CityRPG, it acts as if in a SpeedKart minigame, and says,"Everyon is dead. Nobody wins." Sometimes, it doesn't let me spawn. I assume this is because my script creates a minigame without anyone being in it, could that be why? If not, can someone help me with this?

For some reason, when I start my server up with my CityRPG, it acts as if in a SpeedKart minigame, and says,"Everyon is dead. Nobody wins." Sometimes, it doesn't let me spawn. I assume this is because my script creates a minigame without anyone being in it, could that be why? If not, can someone help me with this?
Set the minigame's respawn time to a positive value to turn off last man standing mode.

could you add an event that only registers the first moment that the player touches the brick

could you add an event that only registers the first moment that the player touches the brick
It's an add-on already. Search for it: onPlayerFirstTouch.

couldn't you make a regular player touch event, then another touch event that disables the first event?

couldn't you make a regular player touch event, then another touch event that disables the first event?
How would you make it notice you aren't on the brick anymore?

Code: [Select]
[0: enabled, delay=0] onPlayerTouch -> Events on first touch
[1: enabled, delay=0] onPlayerTouch -> Self -> setEventEnabled -> [0, disabled] change 0 if you have more than one onPlayerFirstTouch event
[2: enabled, delay=0] onPlayerTouch -> Events while touching
[3: enabled, delay=0] onPlayerTouch -> Self -> cancelEvents
[4: enabled, delay=400] onPlayerTouch -> Events on stop touching
[5: enabled, delay=400] onPlayerTouch -> Self -> setEventEnabled -> [0, enabled] change 0 if you have more than one onPlayerFirstTouch event

This takes care of onplayerfirsttouch, onplayertouching, and onplayerstoptouching

Why would it be made default if healthbars were already a default feature that got removed?
Well lots of people find it useful , and also his healthbar changes colors depending on how damaged you are.

Would be useful considering there is default dm gamemodes.
I forgot why it got removed, I think it was about something with younger players or something... but I don't see a reason we shouldn't have one, many games have healthbars, even Roblox has a healthbar and they have players as young as 4 years old.

Whatever reason the healthbar was removed, I say it should be brought back.

while we're at it add in an ammo indicator and velocity+directional indicator so we have a more complex HUD

don't forget a rotating weapon wheel, togglable crouch, sprinting, and a select-a-class screen toggleable by a hotkey

oh, and (more) hats.

personally I feel health bars should be restricted to playertypes only since when you're building a healthbar really isn't that necessary. Having it a playertype makes it controllable when you can see the healthbar and when you cannot.

We really just need a lot more stuff for player customization. It has been years since the players have changed and i'd love to see something new.