50 (48.1%)
Flat plain, no cover
3 (2.9%)
Flat plain, some cover
10 (9.6%)
Other (please tell)
5 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Airsoft thread. This topics still alive and well!  (Read 101878 times)

Having the foregrip forward on the rail gives you stability. That's the whole purpose of the foregrip. You can't have a steady and secure grip on your weapon if you're holding the magwell. Using the magwell as a place to grip the weapon should only be used in CQC situations where you need to be able to swing your rifle around quickly (since holding the gun centermass gives highest reaction force). Having your foregrip forward might seem "uncomfortable" but you have to get over it, you tire out because you're using your body to properly control the weapon.

I actually got my weapon handling training from my mom and she said that the tighter you keep your arms the more stability you will have, and so far it's worked pretty well for me.

I actually got my weapon handling training from my mom and she said that the tighter you keep your arms the more stability you will have, and so far it's worked pretty well for me.

Yes and having the foregrip forward on your rail system allows you to control the entire weapon, allowing you to steady it if you actually use your arms like you said.

Foregrips are meant to be put were the user is comfortable with them. The magwell is to close to me and having the foregrip 1km down the rail is too far for me. I have it where it feels comfortable. I've seen lots of real military weapons where the foregrip is legit touching the magwell. Its all in who uses it.

What airsoft should I get? I'm not exactly a noob at this because I shot a bunch of Nerf when I was a kid.

What airsoft should I get? I'm not exactly a noob at this because I shot a bunch of Nerf when I was a kid.

Sorry to say but Nerf gives little to no skill in airsoft. They don't even fire a 1/3 as far. Its a whole different beast and handling the weapons is no joke. If you're looking into getting an AEG, look at Evike.com or AirsoftGI.com.

Sorry to say but Nerf gives little to no skill in airsoft. They don't even fire a 1/3 as far. Its a whole different beast and handling the weapons is no joke. If you're looking into getting an AEG, look at Evike.com or AirsoftGI.com.
Thanks for the heads up, will consider as a christmas gift (if it can get through naggy parents, aunts, and cousins)

Thanks for the heads up, will consider as a christmas gift (if it can get through naggy parents, aunts, and cousins)

Just come to them with the request with maturity and knowledge. Nothing persuades parents to get an airsoft gun more than knowing how to properly handle the weapon and the proper safety precautions. Just read up on the 'net and watch YouTube videos. :>

I'm going to my first official game tomorrow, gonna take my riot shield and rent an M4 so excited!!

Here's a bunch of great tips about optics and foregrips to dispell bad habits.

This video is horse stuff. you can put your rail attachments where ever the hell you want to. The reason they make it so customizable is to have set to your comfort. I've been airsofting for 3 years, and have moved my grip all over my guns. Where I have it is where it feels best.

Ive even used C7's at our local range that have grips that close, if not closer to the magwell. Theres nothing wrong with it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:38:31 PM by -Triforce- »

It doesn't matter if it's comfortable lol (to a reasonable degree). Utility over luxury. Obviously it works for actual shooters and operators, so maybe that should be a clue? Beleive me, before hand I wanted my foregrip close to my magwell, because it was comfortable and far less strenuous. But then I moved it up and controlling the weapon is far easier.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:07:00 AM by ShadowsfeaR »

I'm an old timer that doesn't use grips

General idea for vertical fore-grip mounting is mid barrel isn't it? The idea is to have complete control over the barrels weight without too much tension of slack in your arm. "Utility over luxury" Comfort is only a luxury to an extent, note that if you're more comfortable than you're gonna be happier and won't get as tired as quickly.
On note of Tri's vertical grip mounting I'd say move it up a few notches so you can still comfortably get around the mag-well, even in bulky gloves and or cold conditions where you get a bit more rigid.

O but that's just me talking with no actual experience with airsoft