Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 341649 times)

Hm, it's been a while
what's been going down since kickstarter?

probably preparing for steam and making all the kickstarter thingies for people (custom mob etc)

mac shopping, and sandwich eating :)

I can't find where you said when. When are you going to start contacting people about their rewards?

I want to ship the beta first, at least in some form before I start doing that.

Hm, it's been a while
what's been going down since kickstarter?

Fixing bugs, crashes, added some more steam support.

Nothing really too visual , so I haven't really had anything to post.

Edit:

Also released a slightly updated character editor,

http://www.odnotor.com/post/134140194919/character-editor-released

I may have already posted this but someone made a subreddit as well if you're into that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/theForgettableDungeon
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:30:59 PM by Rotondo »

Just wondering, Have you gotten/created a soundtrack for this game yet?

Will the mission editor not be broken like it was in The@Team?

Will the mission editor not be broken like it was in The@Team?

It wasn't broken, I just didn't include it.

I actually posted a link to it a bit after releasing The @Team.

Just wondering, Have you gotten/created a soundtrack for this game yet?

I have someone lined up right now, but it may not be in for a while.

----

Just to give you guys an update, I have the beta working on both Linux & pc, through steam. This was fun to do, and by fun I mean not fun but thankfully I just have to make the build scripts once then I never have to think about them again.

Now I just need to fix some cross play issues, finish organizing the steam depots the correct way to prevent extra downloads, and remove any content that is not mine.

I also may have to redo the method that characters are sent over the network as it seems there's some issues sending from linux to steam.

Then after I acquire a mac I get to port the game to mac :D

Again, the great thing about all this initial porting is that once it's done I don't have to really mess with it in the future as long as I keep my programming consistent.

Edit: Also Linux is case sensitive in torque script with some methods, that is fun. Thankfully I kept pretty consistent since I'm used to working with c++.

Edit2: And I fixed the bug that was preventing cross platform play, now for the least exciting screenshot ever.

Rogue is hosting on linux, and my zoidberg is playing on windows.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:55:07 PM by Rotondo »

give blockland testers a shiny badge so we'll be rich and famous when the game goes viral

give blockland testers a shiny badge so we'll be rich and famous when the game goes viral

yes a "B" with a silvery/gold outline

beta release soon? :D

Yes, though it's going to just be the first dungeon theme with slightly more content.

It's mainly going to be just to get a testing baseline with linux & PC support, mac is going to come once I get the Mac.

You will all get a magical B in your hearts, because there's not going to be an official forum for the game.

----

I just ticked off one of the last big things I wanted to do, now it's just down to a few minor tweaks.

Mainly I need to figure out if it's kosher to send emails containing the game keys directly to users main Kickstarter emails, or if I should go through a survey and allow people to choose.

The issue with that is I only get one survey round to everyone, I can't do anymore after that.

I'm also pretty sure I have figured out a way to send out unique steam keys to all ~350 ish beta testers, which was harder than you think to figure out.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:03:32 PM by Rotondo »

What about a flair on the subreddit?

just give them a shiny badge next to their name in the scoreboard.

What about a flair on the subreddit?
He's not a mod. He'd have to ask /u/jman583 first.