Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 341620 times)

Has anything happen lately?

Has anything happen lately?

Right now I'm doing some final testing on the Windows & Linux beta, and figuring out how the best way to get things out to people.

I was thinking of just emailing the keys out to the email address people used for their kickstarter accounts, but I'm not sure if this is kosher.

I want to save my survey for when I figure out exactly what I need and the quickest way to do some of the rewards.

I've also been wondering about the best way to communicate with people, I'm in a situation where I have hundreds of emails, hundreds of backers, forums, and twitter.

Everyones spread out all over the place and I don't want to end up spamming people too much, so it's a lot to think about.

I've also been wondering about the best way to communicate with people, I'm in a situation where I have hundreds of emails, hundreds of backers, forums, and twitter.

Everyones spread out all over the place and I don't want to end up spamming people too much, so it's a lot to think about.
Could set up a "main" blog on the Happy Box site.

Does this have multiplayer capability right now?

Does this have multiplayer capability right now?

Yes, it should work online/lan.

Split screen is not implemented in a user friendly manner yet, going to make a post about things on the Kickstarter in a bit.

Beta keys are out!

These are being sent semi-manually so if you didn't get your beta key yet be patient.

I'm katadeus on steam, feel free to join my server

The game isn't picking up the steam controller. Do you think you could add in compatibility for it? Steam doesn't think that the game was designed for controller.s

launched the game with my arcade stick still plugged in lol
directinput since it's a PS3 stick, buttons in Windows are
3 4 5 6
2 1 7 8

so the controls are
[attack] [alt attack] [?] [use]
[?] [pick up] [hold to see controls] [?]

The game isn't picking up the steam controller. Do you think you could add in compatibility for it? Steam doesn't think that the game was designed for controller.s

I'll write that down, I have my old steam controller prototype so I should be able to figure this out sometime soon.

launched the game with my arcade stick still plugged in lol
directinput since it's a PS3 stick, buttons in Windows are
3 4 5 6
2 1 7 8

so the controls are
[attack] [alt attack] [?] [use]
[?] [pick up] [hold to see controls] [?]

Eventually I'm going to have re-binding for all controllers but that's not going to be for a little bit.

Can you allow larger inns? I have a nice 32x32 one

Eventually I'm going to have re-binding for all controllers but that's not going to be for a little bit.
Not a problem, it's perfectly playable since the two main buttons are in the right place.
Really digging the feather item, forgot where the jump function went for a few moments :P
It seems a little difficult in single-player but I might just be playing badly.

A thing that's kinda bugging me tbh is how, when you return to the title screen, it always shows the title splash of the sword going through the title every single time and replays the title music, which is pretty annoying.

Also setting the game to 600x480 does this.

Oops.

And if you go into the options screen there, the OK button is out of the window's boundaries making it impossible to leave without manually restarting the game
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:29:28 PM by Glass Joe »

A thing that's kinda bugging me tbh is how, when you return to the title screen, it always shows the title splash of the sword going through the title every single time and replays the title music, which is pretty annoying.

Also setting the game to 600x480 does this.

Oops.

And if you go into the options screen there, the OK button is out of the window's boundaries making it impossible to leave without manually restarting the game

You can skip that by clicking anywhere on the screen.

I'll make it so it only happens once on startup though.

I should probably just straight up remove 600x480, as it's kind of a pain in the ass to support such a small res.

Also are you running Linux? I've never seen a window like that in windows.

Nope, windows 10. And yeah you should prolly remove it too, because it doesn't seem to be worth the effort to scale it down that far