Poll

Upcoming Quest Reward

A horse + Combat Exp.
12 (46.2%)
An avatar + Combat Exp.
14 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Land of Blocks - Blockland's RPG SERVER ONLINE (Hosting again!)  (Read 51101 times)

EVERYONE CONCERNING SPEEDBLADE

Elm mentioned in his server that he's going to add a bounty system, where the following will happen if you kill to many people (like SpeedBlade does)

• Player will die
  • Apon dieing the player will drop ALL his items, (possibly including the ones in his bank? he wasn't so specific)
  • Player will spawn in a jail cell and not be able to leave for "a long time"
  • Person who was killed by that player will be able to kill the player therefor getting revenge without it affecting his bounty status
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:52:14 PM by Yin Yang »

Elm mentioned in his server that he's going to add a bounty system, where the following will happen if you kill to many people (like SpeedBlade does)

• Player will die
  • Apon dieing the player will drop ALL his items, (possibly including the ones in his bank? he wasn't so specific)
  • Person who was killed by that player will be able to kill the player therefor getting revenge without it affecting his bounty status
Just ban speedblade. Its that easy.

Just ban speedblade. Its that easy.
Speedblade hasn't done anything bad, the only rule breaking he has done is pushing people into PVP areas.
Stop being so buthurt about being killed.

• Player will die
If that system is put in place then there is no benefit of killing players even if you kill them fairly. That system would eliminate the main point of having PvP areas because people would have to worry about getting a bounty on their head if they kill too many players. Most people would not even bother with PvP anymore and just kill NPCs instead.

What about instead you just change the way PvP works or do this:
What about just having a pop-up come up asking you if you want to go in that area or left clicking to go to that area? That way people can't push people into areas without the player deciding on if he/she wants to go there.

The server seems to be void of all bots currently.

Yeah, i connected just to find the bricks were gone. I've loaded a backup I made about 24 hours ago, but I cant spawn the bots, as they're spawned using either a command or something in the server console.

If you want to check out the server for the first time, I recommend not coming until Elm fixes it.

EDIT: Elm fixed it through his phone. Yay for technology!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:55:23 PM by boodals 2 »

Hey Elm why not well like MrLogantor111's idea whre you have to enter /pvp to kill someone, you can still kill players while they are not in pvp but that gets you a bounty,
killing someone in /pvp is the only way to get them to drop items  starting from gold to arrows then weapons from weakest to strongest.

I have a few suggestions:
1) Bosses
2) PVP Prompt of some sort
3) A rock golem enemy for large mines (Have them drop random ore on death)
4) Regions (ex: Snowy area, Desert area, etc.)
5) Regional enemies (Along with the rock golem)
6) Some type of plant that grows in mines (Kinda Rare)
7) A chance of Failure when smelting or smithing.

I know you're working on a lot of things already, im not expecting any of these soon muchless you consider any of these.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:42:32 PM by farsy34 »

Elm, i'm hoping your gonna read this soon. Basically the shop isn't loading for any players, both our inventory and the servers. Can you use console to talk to me, see if we can fix it?

Elm, i'm hoping your gonna read this soon. Basically the shop isn't loading for any players, both our inventory and the servers. Can you use console to talk to me, see if we can fix it?

I get off in 40 minutes, drive home is about 20 minutes so give me an hour.

It seems like Elm is not responding to any PvP related issues or PvP suggestions, besides Yin Yang mentioning about some kind of bounty system. PvP seems to be a major discussion in the last few pages and Elm isn't responding to any post about it. Instead Elm is supposedly just making a bounty system, which I think not many people actually want or care about. I'm not trying to whine here or cause problems but I think most people would agree with me that they would want a more solid fix for PvP than what Elm is currently making.

The players were PvPing each other inside the villages yesterday when I joined the server, so I thought it was intentionally enabled as something new to try.

So I played along with that, and Racerboy complained to me that Boodals said earlier he would ban anyone who did that, but there was no post in this topic from Boodals forbidding it, so I thought it was another attempt to trick me.

Today when I got on, Racer had shown Boodals pics of me PvPing inside the villages and so Boodals banned me for a day after I apologized for not knowing, saying that I "disobeyed his rule" which he had only told a few people earlier that day when I haven't been on.

I'm sorry I didn't believe what Racer was saying about what an Admin forbidded but not posted. I'm not going to PvP inside a village anymore. So can I be unbanned?

The players were PvPing each other inside the villages yesterday when I joined the server, so I thought it was intentionally enabled as something new to try.

So I played along with that, and Racerboy complained to me that Boodals said earlier he would ban anyone who did that, but there was no post in this topic from Boodals forbidding it, so I thought it was another attempt to trick me.

Today when I got on, Racer had shown Boodals pics of me PvPing inside the villages and so Boodals banned me for a day after I apologized for not knowing, saying that I "disobeyed his rule" which he had only told a few people earlier that day when I haven't been on.

I'm sorry I didn't believe what Racer was saying about what an Admin forbidded but not posted. I'm not going to PvP inside a village anymore. So can I be unbanned?

Yeah, we'll get you unbanned.

elm's music download button doesnt bring up download anymore...
FIX IT!

Ideas for Bosses:
Bosses will rule over monsters in an area. (Bandit Leaders may be more of an overlord then Giant Worms, however.)
Some bosses can have bits broken off or damaged seperately. (Like Monster Hunter)
Heralds (Check 2nd town) will shout: (Boss) has been sighted near (Area), and has killed (Amount) men! Notable names are (people who have done a lot of things).