LeetLegacy - Ligacy Warfare <Kit 3 is now $1000/s but can save bought weapons!>

Poll

Ligacy...

Warfare. (TDM)
10 (58.8%)
Stranded. (RPG)
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: LeetLegacy - Ligacy Warfare <Kit 3 is now $1000/s but can save bought weapons!>  (Read 12696 times)

i agree with above ^ (planr)
I spawned on the Green team and tried to play but Yellow had OP weapons and were spawncamping like hell. I spent like 5 minutes trying to understand the 'rules' and I only played about 2 minutes in the field before I just left.

Well that's dissapointing to hear. Not really sure how the guns are too realistic, but all right. Also reloading is not really a new thing. I personally don't have my light on the L key regardless, I have it on MMB. Also people confirmed and so do I that the default pistol still can play and do better than some weapons out there. It depends how you use it. Sorry for your playthroughs though, Planr and Chappers. :c.

Go to preferences and check "Dry Reloading" or something like that. It will automatically reload after it empties.

I suggest.. give everyone a significantly good weapon at start. People would still be tempted to save enough to buy a different one. Like how all the different weapons in TF2 aren't really better than the other, yet we still want them because they're different.

Edit: and who can resist the "gotta catch em all" motivation? It changes it from necessity of a better weapon, to want of a different one.

Edit2: also, I havent played in a while, but the idea of a Dragon's Feng in game sounds terrible. Perhaps make it something people should fight for in a gamemode, like a juggernaught game.

Edit3: Ooo! And to keep it interesting, you can have it so that once you buy a new primary, you have to buy your old one again. They bought a good weapon in the first place, if they dont like it, it shouldn't be too much of a deal to save enough money to get their old gun again.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:10:20 PM by LoLBert »

OR, OR, HEAR ME OUT-
LET PEOPLE loving CHOSE THEIR GUNS FROM THE SPAWNROOM WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR THEM

i did that in my massive tdm a while back, everyone loved it
i see literally no reason to restrict players' loadouts other than to be a douche and force them to play longer on your server

This sever is pretty awesome.  The only problem?  Spawn killing.  What I would do is to add two or three spawns for each team.

OR, OR, HEAR ME OUT-
LET PEOPLE loving CHOSE THEIR GUNS FROM THE SPAWNROOM WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR THEM
You're annoying. Stupidly annoying.

i did that in my massive tdm a while back, everyone loved it
i see literally no reason to restrict players' loadouts other than to be a douche and force them to play longer on your server

Removing the shop system is all together is going to make points and points raking purposeless except for prestige/bragging, at least here you have a purpose in playing more than fun, you have the ability to get weapons based on your skill and time played. Pretty much like every game does it, either for short or long time periods.

Would it make everyone feel better if the matches were shorter instead and points were tapped to the player instead of the client, and basically you get a you kill - you buy mode like in CS, a kill perhaps yielding 1/2 of a ACR altogether, but items don't save? That at least makes stuff a dozen times easier I guess, and the most expensive weapon will only be like 6 kills or something?

I played quite a bit today and it was quite fun to be honest. One thing you could improve on is the size of the maps/amount of players needed for a map change. We had 14 players on and we were constantly changing from the map with walls that bounce to the one with a long covering spot for sniper or rifle at spawn, which were quite small maps and people could easily get to the other side and start spawnkilling in about 6 seconds

I played quite a bit today and it was quite fun to be honest. One thing you could improve on is the size of the maps/amount of players needed for a map change. We had 14 players on and we were constantly changing from the map with walls that bounce to the one with a long covering spot for sniper or rifle at spawn, which were quite small maps and people could easily get to the other side and start spawnkilling in about 6 seconds

Fairly confused on what you mean, really.

Made a poll regarding shop system with 4 options.

5 killstreak will yield full health (previous poll winner).

3 for semi-regulation already, I think I will go with that.
Oh, and, a thing worth mentioning: Semi and CS Style would basically mean the removal of Kits, too.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:24:37 PM by LeetZero »

I really think the shop system is good as-is

it's fun and all when there's not too many players
i ended up on a team where half of them were braindead handicaps constantly in the way

also please find a way to nerf the non-manual shotguns without killing them completely
it's not fun having to be forced to use them because of other people using them too

i mean, i COULDN'T EVEN lmg with adin because of it

Removing the shop system is all together is going to make points and points raking purposeless except for prestige/bragging, at least here you have a purpose in playing more than fun, you have the ability to get weapons based on your skill and time played. Pretty much like every game does it, either for short or long time periods.

so basically you just want people to be on your server longer so that you can get more players.

like glass's trench servers.

removing points would therefore have people playing purely for fun
y'know, like you're generally supposed to in games

Yep.
so basically you just want people to be on your server longer so that you can get more players.

That's pretty much it here. Only difference is this server has the ability to be loving decent but the host is too stubborn to realize that things could work better.

I guess. But even in games it's not generally done like that. At all. In any game in history. Except Ace of Spades and... Nope, that's about it which I can recall.
Regardless, if it's really that much of a problem for everyone then "No" should win the poll, right?

Yep.That's pretty much it here. Only difference is this server has the ability to be loving decent but the host is too stubborn to realize that things could work better.

The problem is that you are saying this in your own account. Not everyone wants to get rid of the shops, some like it. If people like it and there are several that don't, it's not worth it to get rid of it altogether. I will however respect the poll decision. If you really think everyone wants no shop and that it will be better, "No" should win, right? I mean it's not the least voted so far so you don't look like you're a self-concerned anomaly, right?

In all theory, I am sure everyone wants to get more players. Not to mention more players = more fun (at least in theory, apparently not due to the poor maps that I done, making them planned for small amount of players was a bad idea).

Also why I have a feeling the two votes for "No" were by RagnaTheBroedge and Megaguy?...
Regardless, I will take whatever decision the poll votes end up to, even if I don't like it.
Today I'll begin the implementation of Burt's map, also going to attempt to solve the spawnkilling problem, one way or another. The main idea would be to give the "spawned" player 3 seconds of invincibility where you CAN however hurt others, and you are also faster. Currently you were either faster either invincible. Either invisible which would be even better.

I'll end the poll in about 6 hours, then begin working on whatever the poll has chosen and on the above.

I also really want to add Spade's Afghanistan build, but I am not sure if he's ok with it. I remember playing on it in 2009 and the design and build itself was shweet.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:27:04 AM by LeetZero »