YorkTown95's CRP Server

Author Topic: YorkTown95's CRP Server  (Read 35128 times)

The reason you start going after people who aren't happy with admins is because you're a pusillanimous individual and can't take any criticism.
Again, I prefer discussing it in private, not in the server where people publicly see it. Which is grounds for a possible mute. And I'm willing to cooperate with you, but being combative at myself or another staff member doesn't pull you off from a ticket.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:33:59 AM by YorkTown95 »

Glass and Surburb are just stationing themselves by the bridge past the white bank, they're continuosly killing people and blowing up the bridge.

Glass and Surburb are just stationing themselves by the bridge past the white bank, they're continuosly killing people and blowing up the bridge.
Until I stopped them.

I'M A HERO!

not in the server where people publicly see it.

Is this because you want to keep any admin abuse that may occur under wraps?

one thing i absolutely loving hate about this version of cityrp is how exp gain is so god damned agonizingly slow.

i hate grinding 24/7 so until this is fixed im not joining this server.

one thing i absolutely loving hate about this version of cityrp is how exp gain is so god damned agonizingly slow.

Its a lot faster then it was last time....

Is this because you want to keep any admin abuse that may occur under wraps?
That if I get multiple complaints about that moderator, this gives me an idea of what I should do to the moderator and if their actions are grossly inappropriate, chances of them might be issued infraction points of whenever they screw up or possibly being de-staffed (depending on how bad their behavior is) from the staff team. There might be days that a moderator might become a massive prick and where the issue should be reported to me, where I can take any necessary action to them.

The EXP is a timely process, sometimes will it take forever and sometimes will be quick.

The EXP is a timely process, sometimes will it take forever and sometimes will be quick.
I think a better way to do this is to have an experience system that is not based on the random number generator.

Edit: I thought of two possible options to make this system work a little better.
Option one: Have an experience gain after a fixed amount of doing your job (eg. every two hundred lumber = 1 exp gain / every two pickpockets = 1 exp gain / every two ticks of arrests = 1 exp gain, etc.)
Option two: Build a University building and have school bricks that players can pay money, and after a given amount of time (based on how much money paid), the player will earn a certain amount of experience (based on how much time and money spent on the school brick).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:03:44 PM by Dr_Zegobob »

I am with Kalphiter on this one. For a while this was what was starting to be an amazing server. Baiting should be illegal and enforced by staff.

I am with Kalphiter on this one. For a while this was what was starting to be an amazing server. Baiting should be illegal and enforced by staff.
Thanks for the suggestion, we will do our best to catch people that bait on the server, and for the sake of helping the staff, screenshots would be very helpful when it comes to looking at fishy situations. And you can forward the report into my private message inbox and I will review it.

Pretty sure it's perfectly allowed.  We went to the Gun Shop, I bought some guns for Surburb and myself, and we just went all out, don't complain to the server. This is an issue for the police, which solved it by buying 3 miniguns, LOL!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:39:51 PM by Stained Glass »

Pretty sure it's perfectly allowed.  We went to the Gun Shop, I bought some guns for Surburb and myself, and we just went all out, don't complain to the server. This is an issue for the police, which solved it by buying 3 miniguns, LOL!
And what happens when you guys die?

Some of your weapons disappear and police can't even collect the weapons.  2 people were arrested meaning only 2 cops got money and exp for the arrest. You bought a gun despite the lack of any system of background checking.

Of course everyone should complain to the server.

And what happens when you guys die?

Some of your weapons disappear and police can't even collect the weapons.  2 people were arrested meaning only 2 cops got money and exp for the arrest. You bought a gun despite the lack of any system of background checking.

Of course everyone should complain to the server.
If there was back round checks this would be utopia and wouldn't be fun.

If there was back round checks this would be utopia and wouldn't be fun.
Actually, it would mean that criminals would actually have to get some skill. It also adds another layer to criminality in that you can illegally sell weapons.

The first 10 exp is always the hardest. After that you go miner/lumberjack and roll in the exp. Or at least that's how I get to 20 exp.

Baiting IS against the rules, but you have to have some proof. You can't just go "I GOT BAITED PERMABAN HIM", we have to get both sides of the story, decide on whether we actually believe the story or not, and try to guess what lead up to the bait. Then as normal admins we have to get an SA to fix whatever mistake is made, such as clearing records or giving money/whatever. It's not a short process.

Edit: oh and don't forget the fact that we're players, too. Some times we just want to play the game we're moderating. We have a right to play the game, just as much as you guys do. We can't watch everything and be super babysitters 24/7.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:39:38 PM by DaSord213 »