Author Topic: Is Blockland dying?  (Read 16837 times)

i know what to do

sell out

If all these Family RPs and crap like that stays and no successful ideas are created, yes. It will.

If all these Family RPs and crap like that stays and no successful ideas are created, yes. It will.
i guess those are new then???

it sounds to me like people have just become more cynical about the situation for w/e reason

i see lots of neat things happening around the community, are you just ignoring them?

I rarely play Blockland now, I'm mostly just on the forums doing what I do best.

are you just ignoring them?

Seems like most people are, or just don't know about them.

Seems like most people are, or just don't know about them.
It's funny you showed up, because your gamemode is a successful thing.

Besides upcoming things like DayB and the return of Creeper, the only thing i can play on right now is Elm's server. Everything else is just the same.

I have a huge doubt we'll ever make it to Steam before Greenlight is over, we've been on the list for a year now
No no no we have been on for 10 months, take away about 3 days or so. Not a year but ten months, when it becomes a year and we aren't greenlit I'm just going to murder myself.

I know I will get hate for this but it's the truth, maps is what drove people away, It literally is because I know for a fact a sector of those people that left didn't have that great of a graphics card and they would rather not play the game at all if they cant have maps or shadows/shaders.  Sorry but it's the truth.

Also Badspot needs to communicate with his community more, look at notch or someone, they have a twitter and they're always tweeting about development, and even if Badspot isn't working on the game the slighest, that's not even good.

Badspot

• Administrator
I remember reading stuff threads like this in 2005.  I also remember saying this exact thing in a thread exactly like this 2 months ago.  

There are more people playing the game and on the forum than ever before.  It's approaching the popularity it had during the free beta.  You only think it is "dying" because you are a narcissistic child and you equate your own personal boredom with a global state of affairs.  

Note the date.  I also remember the last time one of these threads popped up I compiled a list of "blockland is dying" threads and there was at least one for every year since Blockland was released.

On a more serious (?) note, what's happening here is that you're going through puberty.  Soon you will no longer be a stuffty spoiled child, but a stuffty spoiled half-man.  Video games will never be as entertaining as they once were.  Sorry.  

i'm surprised this hasn't let to another "doomsday prophesying" ban

-Community ... being from hacking the game to just causing chaos.
this is all that bothers me
idk wtf's up with that
it hasn't always been so bad
but lando and dotdot and all of those people joined and it's been a mess
hopefully it blows over tho

On a more serious (?) note, what's happening here is that you're going through puberty.  Soon you will no longer be a stuffty spoiled child, but a stuffty spoiled half-man.  Video games will never be as entertaining as they once were.  Sorry.  

oh my god im laughing

Starzy was 100% correct in his two-days-until-banned prediction. Hehe.

The game isn't dying, people are just moving on. The game has changed.

Most of the guys who bought the game when it first came out now are grown up and off living in the real world. Only a few remain. Its completely normal for the player base to cycle through people. People come, People go. Its the circle of Social Life.

I mean really instead of complaining about there being no good servers, make your own good server. Create something new and fun and different and be the change you want to see.

But that's just my two cents.