"Just because you don't have to doesn't make it right" - Forum Drama

Author Topic: "Just because you don't have to doesn't make it right" - Forum Drama  (Read 18006 times)

Alright, so lately I've seen one entirely aggravating excuse bandwagon its way around the community.

"It's not his/her job, so therefore they don't have to do it"

Something along the lines of that, let's break it down first before I go off on a rant.

You're implying that because a person is not obligated by anything other than morals or respect, they don't have to do it.  Factually, you are correct.  Ethically, you couldn't be farther from the truth.

This community has always (in my mind) had a /different/ way of thinking about things, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.  This example, much for the worse.  You guys have turned legitimately valid drama's into backfires simply because of this stuffty excuse.  Just because a person is not obligated to do something doesn't mean they shouldn't at least attempt at doing it or even let the person know they aren't.

Also, for all of your advice, this is not exclusive to the Badspot not responding to emails, I've seen this show up in plenty other topics/dramas.  You dismiss the entire point based around this ideal.

To me, this isn't right and you guys should really stop bandwagoning this kind of stuff in the forums.

And no, this isn't me saying I don't want to play the game anymore, Badspot.  Please don't loving ban me because I spoke out against the 'norm' of the forums once again.  If there are any blatant rules broken, they were unintentional and I would fix it, however edit isn't really here.  Thanks

why are you even still on the forums?

thanks for being the first post, can we not bring me up and keep that in some other topic?  Let's TRY to stay on track instead of dismissing what I say

Because he can be? He made a completely valid topic with a good point. Stop turning the focus towards him in every topic he makes.

Yenola spent his time making a post discussing a relevant and terrible issue... and you ask this stuffty question.

See, this is the kind of stuff I hate to see from you guys. This community always dismisses a person's idea, opinion or theory just because they have a bad reputation. So what? Yeah Yola has done some not-so-good stuff in the past but that doesn't he's doing it right now. I don't exactly like Yola all the time, but I have a sense of pity for him. Just listen to what he has to say, if he does something stupid, sure you can call him out on it. If you want to make the argument that Yola comes back on the forums too often, he's trying to gain reputation back and make things right. Oh well, Badspot hates him and posted a drama dossier on him! Yola was acting stupid back then, but honestly Badspot went a little too far on that thread, sorry.

OT: I agree with this, however I haven't seen it very recently, or it could be that I haven't browsed other threads. Also, if Badspot bans Yola for this, I will be somewhat pissed at him. That would be stupid and unnecessary of him.

woops sorry yeah that seemed pretty dismissive lol, was just curious, havent been caught up on drama
sry

See, this is the kind of stuff I hate to see from you guys. This community always dismisses a person's idea, opinion or theory just because they have a bad reputation. So what? Yeah Yola has done some not-so-good stuff in the past but that doesn't he's doing it right now. I don't exactly like Yola all the time, but I have a sense of pity for him. Just listen to what he has to say, if he does something stupid, sure you can call him out on it. If you want to make the argument that Yola comes back on the forums too often, he's trying to gain reputation back and make things right. Oh well, Badspot hates him and posted a drama dossier on him! Yola was acting stupid back then, but honestly Badspot went a little too far on that thread, sorry.

OT: I agree with this, however I haven't seen it very recently, or it could be that I haven't browsed other threads. Also, if Badspot bans Yola for this, I will be somewhat pissed at him. That would be stupid and unnecessary of him.

whoa now, i do something dumb and you blame the entire community. no need for that

woops sorry yeah that seemed pretty dismissive lol, was just curious, havent been caught up on drama
sry

whoa now, i do something dumb and you blame the entire community. no need for that
I honestly see it a lot of times. Sorry, but that kinda set me over the edge for a second.

Yenola spent his time making a post discussing a relevant and terrible issue... and you ask this stuffty question.

Yeah, In my opinion as well, this is defiantly an issue.

If you applied this "I'm not obligated to do it, so I won't." principle to everything, the world really wouldn't get anywhere progressively.

So in my opinion, it's not right.

But there is still a balance. No one should have to be held up to do anything for people who can't figure it out themselves. With this mindset society would also get no where progressively. One person can't be doing everything for lazy people who forget or are incapable.

However:

Just making no effort because you don't have to make an effort isn't really correct, I don't think. You should always try to help people enough to get them to the point where they can make progression by themselves.

I think you are confusing "It's person A's responsibility to do this job, not person B's." with just "It isn't person B's job."

i can get what your point is op but can you provide like an example or someone who has done this because i haven't seen much of it...

I agree. I am Blockzillahead.

I really don't understand what the forget OP is talking about? When have we ever assigned jobs or responsibilities to anyone but forum admins?

i can get what your point is op but can you provide like an example or someone who has done this because i haven't seen much of it...
Server administrators are allowed to ban users for whatever reason they want.

Server administrators are allowed to ban users for whatever reason they want.

That was only 9 hours ago. The history of posts like these goes on forever.

I really don't understand what the forget OP is talking about? When have we ever assigned jobs or responsibilities to anyone but forum admins?
He's being specific about BL servers.