"Just because you don't have to doesn't make it right" - Forum Drama

Author Topic: "Just because you don't have to doesn't make it right" - Forum Drama  (Read 17427 times)

I'd just like to remind everyone that Yenola had a meltdown and "left the forum forever" like 2 weeks ago http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=85032 this is hardly the distant past.  Anyone who would sit there and be lectured by this kid is a fool. 
Yes, Yola is pretty much a joke.

But completely ignoring the topic at hand just to insult him is a richard move all by itself.

I'd just like to remind everyone that Yenola had a meltdown and "left the forum forever" like 2 weeks ago http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=85032 this is hardly the distant past.  Anyone who would sit there and be lectured by this kid is a fool. 

I understand, however if someone dismisses a thread just because of a user and/or their reputation, then they are also a fool.

I understand, however if someone dismisses a thread just because of a user and/or their reputation, then they are also a fool.
Not really. Read what I've said. If the person has such a bad reputation most people will just always look at them in a negative way, they won't bother to change their view because after all the stuff, they are certain the person will repeat the cycle again. So they don't bother with it. Most people try to ignore Yola's bad reputation, but if he plans to give people life lessons I can assure you no one will bother listening to it and people will just laugh at him for being hypocritical because not a few days ago was he acting up.

Not really. Read what I've said. If the person has such a bad reputation most people will just always look at them in a negative way, they won't bother to change their view because after all the stuff, they are certain the person will repeat the cycle again. So they don't bother with it. Most people try to ignore Yola's bad reputation, but if he plans to give people life lessons I can assure you no one will bother listening to it and people will just laugh at him for being hypocritical because not a few days ago was he acting up.
Well I disagree. With your example, what if they post something positive? They are going to look at it negatively just because of bad reputation? What about good advice? So what if it's a little cynical, as long as it's not overly negative give it a chance. However, if Yola acts poorly, then you can call him out on it.

Well I disagree. With your example, what if they post something positive? They are going to look at it negatively just because of bad reputation? What about good advice? So what if it's a little cynical, as long as it's not overly negative give it a chance. However, if Yola acts poorly, then you can call him out on it.
Yes they will look at it in a negative way, because it's hypocritical coming from a person with a terrible reputation. Note what I said... in my whole reply. Sure I can agree with some points me made in general, but coming from him it's kind of weird and it almost feels as a joke. Yola acted poorly, he was given several chances, still acted poorly and now will always be looked down upon because he wasn't smart enough to straighten up before like most of us would if he were put in that situation. Too late if he does it now, he will still be looked upon as a joke. What happens if he goes ape stuff in the next few weeks like he did before? Most of us are already aware there's a very high chance of that happening.

He won't change his personality just because it got a few people mad, what he will do though is try to act better to gain reputation, which is never happening anymore, then as his comfort level gets higher on these forums, he will be back to his old self again then get laughed/hated out of the community, again, then rinse and repeat everything.

I know you're trying to be nice and defend him, but he's not worth the trouble. If he never managed to get back on his feet alone, why should you do it for him?

Yes they will look at it in a negative way, because it's hypocritical coming from a person with a terrible reputation. Note what I said... in my whole reply. Sure I can agree with some points me made in general, but coming from him it's kind of weird and it almost feels as a joke. Yola acted poorly, he was given several chances, still acted poorly and now will always be looked down upon because he wasn't smart enough to straighten up before like most of us would if he were put in that situation. Too late if he does it now, he will still be looked upon as a joke. What happens if he goes ape stuff in the next few weeks like he did before? Most of us are already aware there's a very high chance of that happening.

He won't change his personality just because it got a few people mad, what he will do though is try to act better to gain reputation, which is never happening anymore, then as his comfort level gets higher on these forums, he will be back to his old self again then get laughed/hated out of the community, again, then rinse and repeat everything.

I know you're trying to be nice and defend him, but he's not worth the trouble. If he never managed to get back on his feet alone, why should you do it for him?
Ok, but most people agreed with him on this point. If you call him hypocritical, you would call everyone else who agrees with him on this topic hypocrites. I honestly think if some with a bad reputation that posts a good point that other people agree on, they should be given a chance.

Ok, but most people agreed with him on this point. If you call him hypocritical, you would call everyone else who agrees with him on this topic hypocrites. I honestly think if some with a bad reputation that posts a good point that other people agree on, they should be given a chance.

They agreed with his points in general. And no I wouldn't call anyone who agrees with him a hypocrite because they don't have a horrid reputation, hint hint, what I've been saying so far.

And no, they shouldn't be given a chance if they constantly stuff around for whatever reason that makes their reputation even lower. Seriously, 2 weeks ago, like Badspot said, he was banned for breaking the rules on purpose because he wanted to share his hate speech with us before he 'leaves.'
Maybe if it was a month or two ago, sure, things can be forgiven to a point, but not two weeks in the ban and we already have a hypocritical drama on how he sees the community as 'dysfunctional.' I don't see why you're bothering with defending him. He was given too many chances already and still doesn't clear up after any of them.

Seriously read my reply because it looks like you either read the first sentence or skimmed through it. It explains his comfort level logic on this forum. Besides after you defend him, what's he going to do for you? Probably nothing and later even laugh at you for doing something stupid in his eyes or something.

Think harder on this, seriously. He will be back to himself after 'all is forgiven' or the community forgets about him and he will be brought up to attention again, then do an "apology", then "leave" with a hate speech, then make another "apology" upon returning from "leaving" then repeat, without rinsing.

The only reason that Yola's threads get dismissed is because of his bad past [Which is pretty unfair], which most people don't like to forget. I don't blame them to be honest, they've seen a lot of things that just automatically makes them look at Yola in a negative way every time[But they aren't giving him a chance at all. What if he is commenting positively on say, the community].

All in all, if you have a horrid reputation you're pretty much screwed, just like anywhere else, anything that you say will be hypocritical in some way to people.[What if you bring up a topic that can't be possibly be connected to your past or cannot be called hypocrite. I understand people will call Yola a hypocrite here, but it's most likely that they didn't even read his post. It's fine for you to call Yola out for being a hypocrite or for idiocy, but give it a chance and read the post, and don't just dismiss his post like that.]

I could disagree with some points in there, such as legitimate drama threads backfiring because of this. Just because a drama thread is legitimate doesn't mean it's invincible to backfiring, if the OP is a involved in a negative way in the situation, it will be brought on their ass[But Yola proved a good point. That doesn't make it invincible, yes, but it's not fair to dismiss an opinion for a bad past.].

Pretty sure I made myself very clear on my replies, if you choose to kiss his ass so much then whatever, not my problem.

Pretty sure I made myself very clear on my replies, if you choose to kiss his ass so much then whatever, not my problem.
I'm not kissing his ass, I don't really like Yola. That doesn't mean he can't inject his own opinion into this community.

He didn't say this community was dysfunctional and he was right with his opinion. In fact, every community on the internet has it's ups and downs.

you're no better than your underlings, I see?  Dismiss an entire message because of the presenter.  I mean surely, that's not irregular, is it?  It's not like people give messages around the world every day who have done bad things, and are accepted.  What about Michael Vick?  Should he not be allowed to help in dog shelters (which he is doing atm), I mean surely that was a wrong decision to let him, for forgets sake look at his past!  Noone can change, that's impossible!

You're as pathetic as the lowest of your community, and no, I'm not flaming you or your community, I simply pointing out a link between you and the scum of said community.

Next time don't walk in nonchalantly and attempt to be all edgy and cool, come with real information and a reasonable and valid retort.

I simply pointing out a link between you and the scum of said community.

Sounds like one of those cut and paste excuses for flaming a person. (with a missing word)

This is handling the situation very poorly. Well you didn't last as much this time around.

Annnnnddd, there goes my faith for Yola. I'm regretting defending him now.

Annnnnddd, there goes my faith for Yola. I'm regretting defending him now.

Yeah, this is what I was trying to get at. Hope you learned that he's a lost cause.