Is it possible to stop the hacking?

Author Topic: Is it possible to stop the hacking?  (Read 21168 times)

If you shoot somebody in the knee then pay for the surgery, it's not exactly helping. The simplest solution is to not have done it in the first place.
I can see you're trying your best Computermix, but you've lost all respect from me.

If you shoot somebody in the knee then pay for the surgery, it's not exactly helping. The simplest solution is to not have done it in the first place.
I can see you're trying your best Computermix, but you've lost all respect from me.
Yea he did start all this.

Should someone inform Badspot of how to patch the hack?
I think Badspot can figure out how to patch an exploit in his own game.

Also, if you read the topic, computermix pointed out exactly how to fix it.

I think Badspot can figure out how to patch an exploit in his own game.

Also, if you read the topic, computermix pointed out exactly how to fix it.
thats why he was saying that...

yikes... ok, let me give you guys a brain dump on how the hack works in terms of getting addresses to call/hook funcs, and how badspot can patch it.

Wouldn't this only temporarily fix it until someone just does what you did and finds the new numbers? It seems like this only keeps the end-user idiots from using it. I've said this probably 100 times, but stuff like this will only happen more once "YAY GREENLIGHT XD!! WOO" happens. Right now it seems like computermix is the only one, and it seems like he's going to stop, but there are people out there who's only goal is to ruin the fun of others, and who will make things like this and will release them to the public.

I hope these things get patched instead of having them pile up on eachother to the point where the game turns into a hack filled stufffest like minecraft.
I'd rather have these exploits publicly bragged about instead of distributed to only 5 people. These things just get called off as "lag", "broken add-ons", or "fake" until it gets publicly released/announced (see: aimbot).
Damn TeeOS, how did you spend so many years on the internet without ever learning what 'lag' is?
Looked like he was just lagging to me.
Lol so bias toward him? there's literally 0% evidence that he was hacking, it clearly shows in the video that he was lagging.
Don't expect us to believe stuff until you can give some kind of credible proof.
He's not cheating, he's just stuck in the water.
Stop overreacting.
When there's only 5 people using it, the public masses just call it off as "oh it's umm... JUST LAG yea!" "hmm its.. uh... YOU DON'T HAVE PROOF!". I'm glad computermix announced the "server crashing exploit" so when servers start going down, it might be because someone's crashing them instead of the usual "bad add-ons" "reinstall" "bad connection" "stop using kaphost"

Wouldn't this only temporarily fix it until someone just does what you did and finds the new numbers? It seems like this only keeps the end-user idiots from using it.
It will crash the game if one of the signature scans goes wrong, and since most people don't have a slightest idea of how their amazing hack they just downloaded to brag about and feel cool actually works, it will prevent the masses from using it

Luckily Blockland's hacks aren't as bad as most games. I recall a few years ago there was a hack in HL2DM that when used, would crash everybody on the server except the server itself. (although there's a similar exploit in Iban's CityRPG that can crash everybody on the server) Speedhacks in Blockland are impossible because the server will push you back to where you're supposed to be and aimbots are more or less useless because of how slow projectiles move. Nospread hacks won't work because projectiles are entirely server sided.

Basically, it could be a lot worse.

Speedhacks in Blockland are impossible because the server will push you back to where you're supposed to be and aimbots are more or less useless because of how slow projectiles move. Nospread hacks won't work because projectiles are entirely server sided.
If I complained about the fact that all 3 are possible in TF2, Marcem would be here in an instant to kill me.

Solution to get rid of this hacker.
Download an IP BAN mod.
Ban him.
PROBLEM SOLVED.
All his 20 keys cant enter the server c:

aim botting kinda works... but not really lol.
i guess if the guys getting shot were just standing still to often. though you dont need a cheat to kill that type of player easily.

Download an IP BAN mod.
Ban him.
PROBLEM SOLVED.
And then he changes his IP which can take about a minute.

And then he changes his IP which can take about a minute.
Well then umm,well,i don't know then.

Badspot needs to find a way to patch it, this is getting ridiculous.

Download an IP BAN mod.
Ban him.
PROBLEM SOLVED.
Quote from: Badspot
You can buy as many chances as you want

Computermix, while I really do appreciate your heel-face-turn and coming clean (as does the rest of the forums), you made the biggest mistake in your Blockland career by releasing these, and it'll take a fair amount of work to fix it up.
Even private releases are problematic. We'd appreciate having the names and IDs of everyone who can crash a server instantly (so if our servers "mysteriously crash" after banning or angering one of them we know who is likely at fault), and I'm sure Badspot would love it if you PMed him the details of the vulnerability so he could fix it.
Also, what if these "responsible" people aren't so responsible? What if they gave it out to someone who pestered them... or even blackmailed them, as Dotdot might do?
Now, if they're well known for being responsible I wouldn't worry. I'd trust Ipquarx with just about anything short of my life, and TheBlackParrot seems pretty damn reliable as well.
As for the hack itself, has anyone actually been revoked for using it?

Also, a speedkart server with the anti-floathack script has literally nothing to fear from Blhack.dll except the crashy thingy. Those will soon be safe I predict.

But seriously I hope Badspot patches this stuff.