8 (28.6%)
Freedom
6 (21.4%)
Duty
11 (39.3%)
Bandits
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Blockland: Shadow of Chernoblock : [Still Need A Modeler!]  (Read 20094 times)

Here is that playground i was talking about

And here is another color scheme to make it a bit "darker"

Here is that playground i was talking about

-snip-
And here is another color scheme to make it a bit "darker"
-snip-

That's really nice, I could probably use that in chernobyl maybe. or just near some random apartment complexes.

Sid's Bunker got a major makeover, Again!

By Tokethree
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:42:54 PM by Xeidious* »

Name: Brandon Anderson
Faction: Loners
Personality: Mostly friendly, but only aggressive if threatened. Sometimes never stops to think, just picks (what seems like) the best option. Is sensitive.
Physical Traits: Athletic, mostly strong. Quick at climbing/running.
Mental Traits: Mild OCD

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:23:20 PM by Xolerate² »

Mild OCD

You best be messing with me boy. I think i may have OCD because i find this infuriating

-snip-
Name: Brandon Anderson
Faction: Loners
Personality: Mostly friendly, but only aggressive if threatened. Sometimes never stops to think, just picks (what seems like) the best option. Is sensitive.
Physical Traits: Athletic, mostly strong. Quick at climbing/running.
Mental Traits: Mild OCD

-snip-
Accepted.

You best be messing with me boy. I think i may have OCD because i find this infuriating
Lol'd

That's really nice, I could probably use that in chernobyl maybe. or just near some random apartment complexes.

Sid's Bunker got a major makeover, Again!

-snip-

-snip-

By Tokethree
Wow this is looking really great.

That playground would go great in a Pripyat/Limansk build if it had a more rusty coloscheme.  Looks great to begin with, though, don't get me wrong.

Also Sid's Bunker is lookin goooood.

In other news:

The AlphaChat SoCB(shadow of chernoblock) Is coming along smoothly, It has the same basic features as WinterBite's version of Alpha chat, but this version will have all new radio channels for all of the factions, as well as a stalker ranking system as seen here:

There is also an Item Vault, and Item Backpack in Development as we speak, here is a refrence for the Item Backpack gui:
(note that this is NOT the final version for the gui's layout and may change in the future)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:42:29 AM by Xeidious* »

It looks good and all, but what i have highlighted in red, is what you should fix. Here's why. SAS? Idk what British military are doing being involved but i think something along the line of Ukraine military, or some other Russian military would be better suited. Could you also clarify Which factions you're friendly to?
Otherwise you're Accepted.

Slso Crossbow can be added if i find a person(s) to make me a weapons pack or something, i really don't want to use T+T on this for one weapon.

I think there is a seperate addon for crossbow. Also, fixed my character.

There's totally gonna be urban areas with those cliché russian Plattenbau houses right? Because if so, I think I got something to build

There's totally gonna be urban areas with those cliché russian Plattenbau houses right? Because if so, I think I got something to build
Yes, i was planning on it. You can probably expect a mess ton of areas and different locations.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:25:30 AM by Xeidious* »

Name: Boris Morozov.

Physical Description: 5ft 11in, bald due to incident with an anomaly, 98% of skin burnt and charred horrifically due to the same incident.

Personality: Friendly towards everyone and generally peaceful. Tries his best to prevent situations from escalating into conflict, even when dealing with Freedom and Bandits. Does not hesitate to take action when there is no other rational alternative. Remains calm even in the face of extreme adversity.

Mental Traits: None to speak of.

Usually Seen Carrying/Wearing: Unique prototype EXO-MKIII type suit (The only working prototype ever produced before the MKIII project was cancelled), VSS Vintorez, Beretta M9.

Faction: DUTY.

Duty Rank: General.

Chronological Rank: Second leader of the DUTY faction.

Military Rank: Captain at time of desertion.

KGB Rank: Zone Observer.

Relations: Long-term acquaintance of Sidorovich and friend of all free STALKERs.

Bio: Boris Morozov was the captain of the mop up team that was to be sent in after Captain Tachenko's squad which was sent into the zone with the mission of reaching the centre and destroying it from within using nuclear explosives during the very first months of the zones existence, however after meeting up with Tachenko he was horrified to find out that half of his squad had been wiped out by a then undocumented phenomena, the dreaded emission.
Boris and his squad followed Tachenko and the remains of his from then on, they all worked in founding the DUTY faction and in staging the communications blackout that they planned to use in order to dissolve from military ranks into the population of the STALKERs which inhabited the zone, in his assistance Boris was appointed as the co-leader of DUTY and Tachenko's aide, however after Tachenko's "disappearance" he was appointed as the second leader of the DUTY faction.
Boris now works hard as the leader of DUTY to protect the free STALKERs from the dangers of the zone. He preaches and follows the DUTY doctrine to the letter and still practises the harsh militaristic discipline that allowed DUTY to get to where it is today, though he has become more casual in recent months. He has done everything he can to protect the future of the DUTY faction including initiating back-door "deals" with the KGB and the Kremlin in order to receive supplies. However, since Tachenko and his squad went missing Boris has kept the activities of the DUTY faction quite stationary in the sense that DUTY no longer actively pursues ways to destroy the zone. They grab opportunities which arise but do not go hunting for such opportunities, it is likely that it will remain this way until long after DUTY has fully recovered from the premature loss of it's founding leader.

This'll do me for now, I'll get an ingame screenshot at some point in the future but for now this is me. The more controversial points (Faction leadership, possession of an Exoskeleton) have already been discussed and agreed upon with Xeid so this is just to provide flavor for my character once the RP eventually starts.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:07:24 PM by Tokthree »

-snip-

Name: Boris Morozov.

Physical Description: 5ft 11in, bald due to incident with an anomaly, 98% of skin burnt and charred horrifically due to the same incident.

Personality: Friendly towards everyone and generally peaceful. Tries his best to prevent situations from escalating into conflict, even when dealing with Freedom and Bandits. Does not hesitate to take action when there is no other rational alternative. Remains calm even in the face of extreme adversity.

Mental Traits: None to speak of.

Usually Seen Carrying/Wearing: Unique prototype EXO-MKIII type suit (The only working prototype ever produced before the MKIII project was cancelled), VSS Vintorez, Beretta M9.

Faction: DUTY.

Duty Rank: General.

Chronological Rank: Second leader of the DUTY faction.

Military Rank: Captain at time of desertion.

KGB Rank: Zone Observer.

Relations: Long-term acquaintance of Sidorovich and friend of all free STALKERs.

Bio: Boris Morozov was the captain of the mop up team that was to be sent in after Captain Tachenko's squad which was sent into the zone with the mission of reaching the centre and destroying it from within using nuclear explosives during the very first months of the zones existence, however after meeting up with Tachenko he was horrified to find out that half of his squad had been wiped out by a then undocumented phenomena, the dreaded emission.
Boris and his squad followed Tachenko and the remains of his from then on, they all worked in founding the DUTY faction and in staging the communications blackout that they planned to use in order to dissolve from military ranks into the population of the STALKERs which inhabited the zone, in his assistance Boris was appointed as the co-leader of DUTY and Tachenko's aide, however after Tachenko's "disappearance" he was appointed as the second leader of the DUTY faction.
Boris now works hard as the leader of DUTY to protect the free STALKERs from the dangers of the zone. He preaches and follows the DUTY doctrine to the letter and still practises the harsh militaristic discipline that allowed DUTY to get to where it is today, though he has become more casual in recent months. He has done everything he can to protect the future of the DUTY faction including initiating back-door "deals" with the KGB and the Kremlin in order to receive supplies. However, since Tachenko and his squad went missing Boris has kept the activities of the DUTY faction quite stationary in the sense that DUTY no longer actively pursues ways to destroy the zone. They grab opportunities which arise but do not go hunting for such opportunities, it is likely that it will remain this way until long after DUTY has fully recovered from the premature loss of it's founding leader.

This'll do me for now, I'll get an ingame screenshot at some point in the future but for now this is me. The more controversial points (Faction leadership, possession of an Exoskeleton) have already been discussed and agreed upon with Xeid so this is just to provide flavor for my character once the RP eventually starts.
I like it, a lot. Even though I've already accepted you ill say it again. Defiantly Accepted.

Server is also up for anyone who wants to join.

as always there will be slots open in RaidCall chatroom Blockland Chernoblock or just steam group chat me. My Steam name is Xeidious.

Just finished making some tweaks to Sid's bunker, looks much closer to the real thing now. Screenshots will come at some point in the future.

Changelog:

• Ceiling no longer looks like the inside of a tumor.
  • Walls have a green strip at the bottom just like the real thing.
  • Couch outside Sid's room - Glorified waiting room.
  • Made the concrete a bit darker, doesn't look too pale to be concrete now.

Damn it I would be able to help with the building but I can't play it no more.
stuff.