Author Topic: 2013/08/28 - Blockland has been greenlit!  (Read 104426 times)

HOPEFULLY we don't get people like this. And no, I'm not blanking out his name. He's too idiotic to miss.

i can't think of a single reason not to have voice chat, it's not like there's a whole lot else to fix/add in of particularly outstanding importance anyway

The main issue with voice chat is that we have limited development resources (badspot, some rotondo, some ephi)
Why spend time working on something like voicechat that already exists within steam when it would be better spend adding new stuff like achievements or steamworks
it's a feature of steamworks, so it really shouldn't take that much, problem is that it would split the community a bit.

problem is that it would split the community a bit.
I see no reason that it would split the community. Really, people could turn it off, or even better, it could be off by default.

I think this has been denied, but don't quote me on that.
oh really?
can you quote him for me?
"Badspot has checked all the agreements and submitted forms, now is just making sure the game is ready for Steam distribution. They are also planning on adding Achievements, Trading Cards and Workshop support."

"Badspot has checked all the agreements and submitted forms, now is just making sure the game is ready for Steam distribution. They are also planning on adding Achievements, Trading Cards and Workshop support."
oh

well thats nice to know

i can still see a dumb host being dumb and getting pissed at someone for not responding and possibly banning them before even thinking to use the chat to get their attention
That's a pretty universal archetype on all games that utilize a mic. If you mute someone, you probably don't want to listen to them / want to do with them, so you probably don't care if they want your attention.

We have a client side mute mod on Blockland. Same principle applies on the text chat function.

Where did you see that?

Look at my post on page 29.

My source is badspot's and rotondo's live stream, so I would say it's reliable enough ;)

well if blockland gets workshop support i hope it wont forget it up like it did with garrys mod
garrysmod.org was my researchhub

If I were you, I'd just get Skype or a TeamSpeak server and just use that while you can. That is, if you're actually looking to chat with others while playing Blockland.
you really dont seem to be getting the accessibility side of things.

far less people will actually participate in voice chat if they have to use a third party program. nobody is disputing that third party programs will have a higher quality, because that's not the point. in-game voice chat is more accessible to the average user, meaning the average user will be more likely to join in. i'm sure most of the people making a case for this already do use skype and teamspeak (i do). the fact that we already do but still want an in-game alternative should tell you something

Where did you see that?
posted by the Blockland Facebook page

Directly from the mouth of Badspot and Rotondo during their live-stream (not quoted, I'm just generalizing what they said)

i can't think of a single reason not to have voice chat

Family RPs

Nuff said