Author Topic: My only friend has just attempted to kill himself.  (Read 10082 times)

I'm not blaming people for being skeptical, seeing as this exact same situation has happened on the forums like five or six times before. Only once has it actually been legitimate.

Or this could just be a fake thread
I'm leaning towards this. Anyone smart enough wouldn't come and tell a forum that their friend just killed themself BEFORE they even did anything to make sure the friend is alright.

I'm leaning towards this. Anyone smart enough wouldn't come and tell a forum that their friend just killed themself BEFORE they even did anything.
no its ok guys

he called the school so they can check up on him tomorrow to see if hes alive

and what if every kid on his friends list thought this?
considering the first 30 posts in the topic was "loving call the police holy stuff"
i seriously seriously doubt that

For the record, what Orion is describing has happened dozens of times before.
fairly sure what i've just said has happened a lot more times than a dozen

You can't just assume 20 people are calling the cops.
it's even harder to assume all 20 of them decided not to

Technically he isn't obligated to call the police, but it's basically like he's letting the guy die otherwise.
well yeah i get that but like i said, if silreath is his #1 bestie then yes in that situation he'd be the most obligated to do so, but if he isn't his best friend and silreath knows he has a best friend i would think he would first ask other people on facebook if they have seen it yet or not, and then decide to call the police

edit:
For real. You can't just assume 20 people are calling the cops. What if the only people who saw the note were the ones who don't care and/or thought it was a joke?
You can't just assume 20 people are calling the cops.
You can't just assume
yeah, if he's alive
i hope you realize how hypocritical this is.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:05:37 PM by .:FancyPants:. »

it's even harder to assume all 20 of them decided not to
Not at all. You could be thinking "Oh, imagine all the people alerting the police! It's fine, they know already." and every-other-person could be thinking the exact same thing.

Why would you ask to discuss similar situations?

But yes I've had two friends threaten to commit Self Delete. One I know didn't the other I have no clue.

But a girl from my school commited Self Delete and I saw her a few days before

fairly sure what i've just said has happened a lot more times than a dozen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloquialism
but if he isn't his best friend and silreath knows he has a best friend i would think he would first ask other people on facebook if they have seen it yet or not, and then decide to call the police
That is a terrible idea regardless of the situation, and you're loving handicapped for suggesting it.

end of story.

you're loving handicapped for suggesting it.
god you're such an starfish, when did you get so big headed

I think it's an issue of perspective here  :cookieMonster:

I don't know about you guys but I would never leave the life of my best friend in the hands of mere chance. So what if there might be 20 people calling the same situation in? I'm still going to call it in myself because then I know that someone is.

What you suggested is much more of an starfish move.