Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847760 times)

someone's feeling gay tonight

stufflord musk would be focusing on a sub 40k ev if he actually cared about the enviroment
u kno the model 3 is $35k right

u kno the model 3 is $35k right
Oh stuff i didnt. Yeah thats actually cool. Im still pissy about the "supercar" tho.
Im not against evs im just tired of hearing about them.

the roadster does look a lil fruity, but I really like those porsche, ferrari, and mclaren hybrids

The stupid loving truck is 1/3rd as efficient with range and you can fill a tractor trailer in 15 minutes.
I dont even like trucks.
The roadster is almost guaranteed to be stomped in every area excluding a drag race.

ok and?  what about the bugatti and all other cars close to its class, they're all the same

truckers are legally required to stop for 30 minutes and the truck can supercharge 100% in 40 minutes, costing WAY less than a petrol or diesel truck

and no its not less efficient with range, you have no idea what you're talking about

Evs arent fun, and thats why its friend stuff.
Im tired of hearing, "BRO U C TESLA GO FASDT???? BRO IT 2 SECOND BROOOOO!! BRO IT GO FAST BRO. FFAST."

i was focusing on the trucks not the speed of the roadster since i dont really care about super fast cars but ok

I dont care about an electric commute car but forget off acting like these are god machines or something, because they arent.

they're not, they're just breaking new ground and pushing us towards where we should be going with our emissions and efficiency

you seem just REALLY upset about tesla doing anything

Oh stuff i didnt. Yeah thats actually cool. Im still pissy about the "supercar" tho.
Im not against evs im just tired of hearing about them.

why

i lit-cherally dont understand what the issue is outside of you having some pre-meditated issue with elon and electric cars

Tbh it is pretty sketch how elon is already taking payments for a concept car that's not entering production until 2019

also I feel like it probably won't be that fast

also I feel like it probably won't be that fast
electric motors are pretty powerful

I love electric cars but what I want out of them at the end of the day is range, seeing the practically doubled range on the roadster makes me believe electric cars are so close to outperforming ICE cars
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:45:15 AM by Maxwell. »

https://youtu.be/qlLdvEtygzY?t=3m11s
aside from the fact that that video isn't really quantitative, it doesn't mean the actual cars will be that fast
I'll believe it when I see it

aside from the fact that that video isn't really quantitative, it doesn't mean the actual cars will be that fast
I'll believe it when I see it

hopefully his numbers stick up for themselves

I love electric cars but what I want out of them at the end of the day is range, seeing the practically doubled range on the roadster makes me believe electric cars are so close to outperforming ICE cars

i think you'd like the chevy bolt, it starts at like 38k iirc and is somewhere in the 200 mile range
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:46:56 AM by shitlord »

Lets see it do that for 10+ minutes.

uh it has a 600+ mile range so yeah it can do that

maybe it cant do flatout for 600 since 600 is a combined estimate of highway and city driving but it can certainly hold it for 10 minutes

uh it has a 600+ mile range so yeah it can do that
No it wont. It will run that fast in some sort of "performance mode" which will heat up the batteries causing them to drain CONSIDERABLY faster. The car wont allow the performance mode to run very long either because now overheating and lighting on fire is an issue.
It gets to 60 that fast purely for sales. This is a commute car with a "beat a bmw in a highway pull then go back to city driving" button .

No it wont. It will run that fast in some sort of "performance mode" which will heat up the batteries causing them to drain CONSIDERABLY faster. The car wont allow the performance mode to run very long either because now overheating and lighting on fire is an issue.
It gets to 60 that fast purely for sales. This is a commute car with a "beat a bmw in a highway pull then go back to city driving" button .

you do realize those batteries are liquid cooled and they've never had a battery heat issue right?