Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847936 times)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:46:48 PM by e-maxx »

Do you guys wax your cars? If yes how long does it take you. I feel like I take loving forever to get mine done.

So my mother is planning to buy a car, but this time she wants to share it with me since I'll get my driver license this year, and we're planning to get one of those, a Renault Clio Mk2 with a 1.6 liter engine.

Quite a charming little car, what do you guys think? (It will technically be my first car too since it will be half mine half mom's, and I'm pretty excited because I'm a huge sucker for french cars and it will be my first car)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:08:57 PM by Filipe »

Do you guys wax your cars? If yes how long does it take you. I feel like I take loving forever to get mine done.
no
i just wet it and put soap on it
and then
rinse it

-nice-

Seems like a nice car. My first/current car is a 1.5L Yaris, and it's easy to drive and good on gas. This car will probably be the same. Cars like these are good to start with because they're very easy to drive.

Honestly cars like that are fun to me too. Small, nimble, and cheap. I was looking at trading my Malibu in for a 2006 Aveo with a 1.6. Seemed like a pretty nice car, especially for it's price point.

This is also the kind of car which looks really nice with any color other than silver.

In my opinion silver is the most boring color ever for cars, probably because there is full of silver and black cars in Brazil.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:07:59 PM by Filipe »

this is my favorite hot hatch :D

This is also the kind of car which looks really nice with any color other than silver.
In my opinion silver is the most boring color ever for cars, probably because there is full of silver and black cars in Brazil.
The yellow one looks the best. Maybe just because it's clean and it's a nice picture, but the Clio looks really nice in yellow.

-snip-
I have said before that I really like the v6 They looks really nice. We don't have French cars in the US sadly. I think blue looks the best

I took this picture. It has been my phone and tablet wallpaper for a while now.

Edit because I don't want to double post:

I was driving behind two motorcycle stunters on the highway lastnight. They were doing wheelies going 70mph+. Luckily they got off the highway soon after I got on. Anyone seen any crazy stunters recently?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:50:43 PM by Skig² »

So I go offroading in my car often. Obviously this puts more strain on the suspension then average. For awhile now I've had this really bad knocking coming from the suspension. I decided to replace the control arms so tonight I started and tomorrow I'll finish. So far I've had one off and the new one on. I can already see a huge difference in the way it sits. Notice the old one pretty much rests on the frame haha.

Upon looking at the old one I pulled off. The bushing has a nice sized crack.

I think I may have found the issue here lol.

-Snip-
Well we plan to buy a normal 1.6 Clio so close enough I guess lol

Almost got into an accident last night, I really need to change those halogens out. I can't drive at night because it's so dangerous with them.

gg no re
guess its time for an alignment and new tires

I feel you, Destroyer. My control arm bushings were getting stuffty and instead of going through all the work of replacing just the bushings I bought whole new control arms that came with bushings, ball joints and obviously the control arm itself. It rides sooo much nicer.