Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847721 times)

American cars aren't bad. Look at the Viper. Saleen s7. Dodge Challenger Hellcat. etc etc. and there much less expensive the european cars/rivals. But good choice on going with a bimmer or a audi.

American cars poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague unto our houses!

I didn't say anything about a head gasket. and it would be expensive to replace it on a corvette to.

Had my Malibu towed today. Looks like the transmission lines were rubbing on the fan shroud and eventually wore a hole through them, and I'm almost positive it's a defect part. They come out of the transmission at such a sharp angle that the lines don't have enough room to curve properly so they aren't rubbing on the shroud.

I'm also immensely irritated because I called the dealer looking for a replacement part since that's where I got it before and they said they can warranty it out if I have the receipt. Thing is, while I have literally three years worth of oil change and repair receipts, and more O Reily's receipts than anyone in this town, I can't find the one for the dealer.

I printed off the shop's invoice that installed them and it has my VIN and stuff on it. I'm hoping if I go down and talk to the dealer I can get them to let me warranty them, otherwise that will be another $80 down the drain plus labor.

I guess on the bright side I'm lucky this didn't happen during our road trip next month, or on the highways that I frequent where I wouldn't have noticed it and could've burnt out my trans. Would've sucked.

Just to be safe I'd check the rest of the car. That or take your dart. Either or. And sorry to here that :(

I'm a little concerned now lol. I replaced the lines last May because they were leaking... everything else on the car is up to date. No leaks, rattles or maintenance... I guess truth is you just really can't foresee something like that happening. I bought it in November 2013 and now 17,000 miles later, I've put in a new fuel filter, done the intake gaskets, injector rings, both axle seals, transmission flush, transmission lines twice now, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, new tires, new snow tires, new rear stuts, new control arms, new control arm bushings, new ball joints, a new wheel bearing, new front brakes, new front calipers, a wheel bearing, a coolant flush, brake flush, an outer tie rod end, water pump, new alternator, new battery, new serpentine belt... and lots of oil changes and alignments.

Dude I'm a huge Dodge fan, and it's not because I'm a dodge fan, but i would seriously consider taking your dart instead. It's less likely to have a problem on the road trip from what I've been reading

Dude I'm a huge Dodge fan, and it's not because I'm a dodge fan, but i would seriously consider taking your dart instead. It's less likely to have a problem on the road trip from what I've been reading

Why did you quote me. Not that i have a problem with it just wondering.

Quick question for you guys:
Which one do you think is better? The Dart, Challenger, or Charger?
I'd prefer the Challenger.

Quick question for you guys:
Which one do you think is better? The Dart, Challenger, or Charger?
I'd prefer the Challenger.

What generation are we talking? If you're talking the present the Dart doesnt even belong in that lineup. I like all of the new Dodges but I'd take a Challenger Hellcat.

What generation are we talking?
Present, as in like the 2015 Dart and crap

Frankly I'd buy the dart. This is what i want mine to look like, I think the dart does belong in the lineup but that's just me.

Also i found out the dart is the oldest one there. The dart is 54 years old. The first dart reveled in 1960.

The dodge viper is my dream car. I can't get it as my first car :p