Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847811 times)

American cars aren't bad. Look at the Viper. Saleen s7. Dodge Challenger Hellcat. etc etc. and there much less expensive the european cars/rivals. But good choice on going with a bimmer or a audi.

This is where the transmission fluid goes right?
no that's where the oil goes

american cars are stuff lol
im hopefully gonna trade in my chevy for a beemer or an audi in the future

Get that Audi then you will truly know stuff

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/eep0h.jpg[/img

This is where the transmission fluid goes right?

Malibu probs SKERT

yo so I'm finda get this badass 73 Chevelle SS 454 big block (7.4 liters for you late model queers and eurocigarettes) to go with my el camino.

It's built, heavy, twin turbo. Chassis dyno at 720 HP. forgettons of torque I'm sure but that wasn't in the ad. Not fuel efficient. 700r4 transmission, .373 rear end (8.5). 8 inch ralleys all the way around it, sits about 3 inches off the ground on air bags.

I will get to you guys later on this, can't wait, getting a great deal on it. The guy is mad at it cause the carburetor is giving him trouble of all things. I'm p good with carbs, I will probably put a holley 750 dp on it.

American cars aren't bad. Look at the Viper. Saleen s7. Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

Well.. the Viper is a massive fuel guzzler that puts out an awful ratio of power per liter. The Viper puts out 640 HP through 8.4L. That's about 76 HP per Liter. The Honda Civic puts out 143 HP through 1.8L; 79.4 HP per Liter. Basically, the Viper puts out less horsepower per liter than a car designed for fuel economy. The GT-R puts out 143 HP per Liter.

Saleen is a performance company. "American cars" usually refers to economy American cars, not all cars produced in America.

The Hellcat kinda sucks, sorry to say it. It puts out so much horsepower and does so little with it. Sure you can let your richard hang out the window while you rev your massive engine and do crazy burnouts, but when it comes to actually racing the thing falls short of everybody's expectations.

While your probably right about the hp per liter thing, The viper is MUUCCCCHHHH faster than the civic and you know that. and yes i do agree the hellcat is pointless. but that's whats so good about it, not all cars have to have a point to be good. and the viper is still lighter than alot of cars out their. (jaguar f-type, corvette, ferrari f12 etc. etc). So it can use it's 640 hp. and has 395 rear tires. and i believe 295 front tires. so it deffinitly has grip. (when driven properly).

whats wrong with em?
unrelated note but im pretty sure i saw someone driving a ford raptor today
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:28:40 PM by Frankie² »

You put snows on an AWD car? You're unstoppable!

Well.. the Viper is a massive fuel guzzler that puts out an awful ratio of power per liter. The Viper puts out 640 HP through 8.4L. That's about 76 HP per Liter. The Honda Civic puts out 143 HP through 1.8L; 79.4 HP per Liter. Basically, the Viper puts out less horsepower per liter than a car designed for fuel economy. The GT-R puts out 143 HP per Liter.

Old vipers are usually racked with problems too. It seems that Chrysler was spending so much time on making a powerful street legal car that they dropped quality out the window. I've heard of recurring issues surrounding the head gaskets and air bags.

Their engines also sounded like crap according to my dad, who worked at a Dodge dealer when I was little. He said that the V10 engines sounded like an engine in a UPS truck. I don't know what was the cause of that, but I'm pretty sure they got rid of that problem with the SRT Viper (perhaps the generation before).

So what if it sounded like a truck -_-. The viper is different. And the viper was a old school sports car. it didn't need all the '90's tech. And these days chrysler (a.k.a FCA) makes some of the best interiors. Frankly i love the sound of the viper.

Also nice snow shoe's dude :D

The viper is different. And the viper was a old school sports car. it didn't need all the '90's tech.

You can't drive with a busted head gasket. It's very expensive and difficult to replace too.

You can't drive with a busted head gasket. It's very expensive and difficult to replace too.
you can if the circumstances are right. Depends where the blow is.

Malibu probs SKERT

yo so I'm finda get this badass 73 Chevelle SS 454 big block (7.4 liters for you late model queers and eurocigarettes) to go with my el camino.

It's built, heavy, twin turbo. Chassis dyno at 720 HP. forgettons of torque I'm sure but that wasn't in the ad. Not fuel efficient. 700r4 transmission, .373 rear end (8.5). 8 inch ralleys all the way around it, sits about 3 inches off the ground on air bags.

I will get to you guys later on this, can't wait, getting a great deal on it. The guy is mad at it cause the carburetor is giving him trouble of all things. I'm p good with carbs, I will probably put a holley 750 dp on it.
with twin turbos a 750 might be not enough.

American cars aren't bad. Look at the Viper. Saleen s7. Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

you can if the circumstances are right. Depends where the blow is.

Well sure, you technically can depending, but it's very bad for the engine. It can cause coolant to leak into the oil or get burned by the engine, causing more problems.