Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847801 times)

My boss keeps trying to sell me his ~1995 Dodge Stealth he bought a while back. It needs some work (main things he said is the computer needs to be replaced/reprogrammed, $800-$900) and it needs a tune. The thing is sick and mindblowingly quick, it's got tons and tons of mods. Aftermarket clutch, bucket seats, intercooler, two piece wheels, all sorts of stuff on top of being AWD, AWS with a manual. It's in fantastic shape. It'd be sweet to have if I could think of a place I could park it and if he doesn't want an insane amount for it.

I guess my main concern here is that car is a legitimate racing car. You could do drags and street races and stuff with it. I guess that scene is something I don't know a single thing about.

You know honestly I would LOVE living in a situation like this.

Obviously with more stalls and stuff, but just living in a loft in a shop. I would be so happy.
that's really cool but

1) That has no insulation. Better live in a place with warm temperatures.
2) Wouldn't carbon monoxide be a problem?

that's really cool but

1) That has no insulation. Better live in a place with warm temperatures.

It looks like face brick, meaning the wall probably has more composition than just one layer of brick. It could potentially have some insulation on the other side of the brick, if not more brick in addition to, as you said, a mild climate. And I personally wouldn't just sit in my house with my vehicle running lol. We have cars running all the time at the shop I work at with the garages closed, no problem. And honestly if it's even remotely nice outside I'm the kind of person that will open every motherloving window on that motherforgeter.

Dude I'd take it and (and yes I'm about to say this) De-tune the car. So you can be sure it's street legal.

$800-$900

Is that the car's asking price or the repair cost? If that's for the whole car, that's a great deal.

Dude I'd take it and (and yes I'm about to say this) De-tune the car. So you can be sure it's street legal.

I'm pretty sure legality is not the problem.

If you were running the car inside with all the doors closed, sure. But that's the case in any garage; you could leave the car running with that garage door behind it open for an extended period of time without building up much CO.

If you were running the car inside with all the doors closed, sure. But that's the case in any garage; you could leave the car running with that garage door behind it open for an extended period of time without building up much CO.

I can't leave the van running in my garage for any amount of time even with the door up. The exhaust comes out the side behind the right rear wheel and points directly into the door that goes into my house, meaning that anytime that door gets opened, exhaust goes in the house.

Is that the car's asking price or the repair cost? If that's for the whole car, that's a great deal.

That's the repair. Not sure if that's just parts or parts and labor. The car's KBB value is roughly $4800, unmodded obviously but in excellent condition from a private party.

Maybe some of you might have some advice for me. I was caught going "23" mph over on a backroad today. Ill have to go to court and Im surely forgeted. I thought I was going ~19 - 20 over, but im sure that stuff doesn't matter to the judge. Anyone have any advice for a "criminal?" I dont want to die.

It depends on your states laws and what the speed limit was that you were exceeding.

My friend got a ticket for 28 over (83 in a 55) in my car and ended up with like a $400 ticket. I think it's funny because I have the best luck not getting pulled over but the one time my buddy takes the mountain roads I do all the time we get reports filed to the police so they sent someone out to catch us.

if it was a back road the limit was probably like 35 or even 25 so it's probably going to be a bit of a big deal

Look at what i made :DDDD.