Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847511 times)

Did you catch what the branding / symbol on the car looked like? If so could you try to draw it as best as possible?

forget

without the brand symbol makes it a hell of a lot to single out a car

if you see the car again, take a picture of it or find the brand symbol and remember it

Do you have a guess for what era it might be from? Did you hear the engine sound? If you can, try using the base of another car and trace the car you saw over it. Something that is close is in size and general proportions.

(This is what I'm talking about except without tracing the car you're using as the base: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohwGIrfuoIA)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:34:27 PM by DodgeViperAcr16 »

what in gods name is going on

eh, it's pretty mild compared to the 383 that's going to go in it. He's not trying to make too fast right now since it's already a full time job keeping the car in between the lines on the road.
a camry is probably faster tbh. Stock 60's mopar suspension and drum brakes are an "interesting" combination to put it lightly.
The street radials also don't hook up worth a stuff for some reason.

anyways here's a few more pictures

sorry for doublepost but jesus forget that thing is beautiful

my dad bought a 1967 Coronet 400 that was somebody's first car last fall and then flipped it to a friend of his, Im pretty sure it had a 318 and a two barrel, it was also an automatic and a four door but the body was straight as hell, I don't have a pic of it, but it was a silver blue, less intense than the one in the pics

Do automatic cars have a "learn" function? My mom had the manual transmission from the truck removed and put an automatic instead because the clutch was too rough for her.

Long story short, stuff's as aggresive af. I push the accelerator slightly and it shifts down, taking the rpm to 4k. It's a diesel. It's not supposed to go above 2.5k.

Do automatic cars have a "learn" function? My mom had the manual transmission from the truck removed and put an automatic instead because the clutch was too rough for her.

Long story short, stuff's as aggresive af. I push the accelerator slightly and it shifts down, taking the rpm to 4k. It's a diesel. It's not supposed to go above 2.5k.
why is your mom modifying your truck though

It's not my truck. My car blew engine and I don't have a replacement yet so I'm using her pickup.

She most likely put an auto transmission made for a normal gas / petrol engine on instead of a transmission made for a diesel

If you can, get your mom / you to put the manual back on and get a refund / sell that transmission to get one made for a diesel

It has a shift selector so I'm using that.

transmission control unit is in charge of shift points and throttle sensitivity. lots of auto TCUs do pay attention to driving habits and adjust accordingly for fuel efficiency. if it doesn't adjust correctly for a diesel or doesn't learn at all in 2-4 weeks time then just have someone reprogram it

I need to learn that there's no longer a clutch. I was almost rear-ended.

I need to learn that there's no longer a clutch. I was almost rear-ended.
oh dear lord