Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 854862 times)

Bumping this thread from the near-dead

I'm in the market for a first car, budget is around 15k and I stumbled upon this being sold a city over

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/camira/cars-vans-utes/1982-pontiac-firebird-coupe/1133234203

its literally my dream car but it seems too far fetched for a first car, the engine cant be over V8 or I wont be able to drive it with a P license, Aussie laws. I don't see the engine type on the page and googling came up with a ton of various Pontiacs so knowing whats in the hood would greatly help. thoughts on the car itself?

oh yeah that's right i am qualified to post in this thread now hello friends
GUYS I HAVE MY OWN CAR NOW AAAAA

a 2000 Chrysler LHS, really really good for the price it looks pretty nice too not much damage or anything
only real downside is that every door except the driver door can only be unlocked from the inside but eh oh well

it's got a working radio and AC and automatic lights and dimming rear mirror and retracting cup holders and back lights on the dashboard and a sunroof and heated seats basically everything nice

the car salesman we had was actually a really fun down-to-earth guy too from hong kong

congrations

Bumping this thread from the near-dead

I'm in the market for a first car, budget is around 15k and I stumbled upon this being sold a city over

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/camira/cars-vans-utes/1982-pontiac-firebird-coupe/1133234203

its literally my dream car but it seems too far fetched for a first car, the engine cant be over V8 or I wont be able to drive it with a P license, Aussie laws. I don't see the engine type on the page and googling came up with a ton of various Pontiacs so knowing whats in the hood would greatly help. thoughts on the car itself?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Firebird_(third_generation) - has all the engine options listed

with that you're buying a car that can't turn, guzzles gas, has only 2 doors and an archaic 3 speed auto. any muscle car including this one would be badass to have but imo it wouldn't make a good first car, at 14k (~11k usd?) you have a lot of other great options

Quick question. The engines of the police cars here are some I've never heard before. It doesn't sound like gasoline nor diesel nor CNG. It sounds more like a high pitched whirring, getting much higher pitched with the acceleration. They're Ford Focus if it helps.

welp. should find some more realistic options

what would be a good mileage range, assuming the car is second hand, to look for? and what would be a year model that isnt too old? my dad has been giving me some advice here but i'd like to hear outside opinion since im pretty sure both of us arent too into cars

Quick question. The engines of the police cars here are some I've never heard before. It doesn't sound like gasoline nor diesel nor CNG. It sounds more like a high pitched whirring, getting much higher pitched with the acceleration. They're Ford Focus if it helps.

probably electric

probably electric
Pretty sure they aren't.  It whirs on idle too.

Pretty sure they aren't.  It whirs on idle too.
Probably one of those hybrid cars that use electric engines when idle / slow speeds but use the actual motor for hard throttle

anyone have any reccomendations for a first car thats cheap (below 9500 preferably) and is fun to drive? ive been looking at older manual hondas and subarus but i was wondering if there was any others you guys would recommend

anyone have any reccomendations for a first car thats cheap (below 9500 preferably) and is fun to drive?
Miata

Miata
um not joking but my mom might actually not let me drive one
i remember seeing one on the road (an nb) and she said it looked like a death trap, i'll keep the miata in mind nonetheless though lol

i remember seeing one on the road (an nb) and she said it looked like a death trap, i'll keep the miata in mind nonetheless though lol
cars made by russians

Show her car crash videos / saftey ratings to convince her otherwise

I've a lada laika. That stuff was indestructible. It's everything was tought. The steering, the clutch, the shift, even opening the hood required russian strength. Perfect starter vehicle if you ask me.

if you looking at miata's at least get an nb, the na models are very overrated imo