Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 832211 times)

I'm wanting a mercury custom from 1949, I found one closest to me in Wisconsin. It's up for 29k tho, and I don't know the miles.

I'm going for a GT-R when I graduate from college. I'll be 22, so my insurance rates will have dropped, I'll have saved up money from jobs I'll have worked through college, some cash from selling my Z, and a good credit rating. I should be able to pick up a few years old leased one for 50-60 grand, and I'll have hopefully saved 20 grand or so. With my car being sold on top of that, it should be more like 32-35 grand, which leaves 15-28 grand to put on a loan.
Ah, lucky! Personally, I find debt to be stupid, so I'm just gonna save up for one of the two later on in life. Also, doesn't that mean you're basically spending all your money on a car?
I'm a piece of stuff at picking cars...
Wait, you live in St. Louis?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:43:16 AM by Georges »

my car

it's a scion xD
surprisingly fast but considering that scion is marketed to young americans that's not actually very surprising
anyway it's not that fast, but for a little asian hatchback, it's nice
definitely faster than my mom's Veloster, but definitely not as fast as her boyfriend's Mini Cooper S
which is by the way a lot of fun to drive
I'm going for a GT-R when I graduate from college.
ffffffffloving forget
you god damn
lucky son of a bitch

Ah, lucky! Personally, I find debt to be stupid, so I'm just gonna save up for one of the two later on in life. Also, doesn't that mean you're basically spending all your money on a car?
You're gonna find it hard to get through life without ever entering debt. I don't see how else you'll ever afford a house. Anyway, four years of working part time at an estimated $10.00 an hour (lowballing, I plan to be a waiter), that's $1200 a month (30 hours / week), or 57,600 over my entire college career. Out of that, I'm only hoping to have saved less than half. I'll also likely make more than $10 an hour.

You're gonna find it hard to get through life without ever entering debt. I don't see how else you'll ever afford a house. Anyway, four years of working part time at an estimated $10.00 an hour (lowballing, I plan to be a waiter), that's $1200 a month (30 hours / week), or 57,600 over my entire college career. Out of that, I'm only hoping to have saved less than half. I'll also likely make more than $10 an hour.
Ok, yah. House debt is the one thing that I'm ok with. Also, it is most certainly possible, you just have to be willing to give up a few luxuries while you save up for something, but it is most certainly possible. I just don't like debt, and am gonna try my best to stay away from it as much as possible.

Anyway, we're getting a bit off topic, aren't we? :P

Toyota GT1 (road)
http://www.totalmotorsport.com/Features/Cars/Storage/Toyota%20GT%20One%20Road%20car2.jpg
I always seem to try to get this in every Granturismo.

I read the OP wrong.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:52:14 AM by Fastlex »

I'm going for a GT-R when I graduate from college. I'll be 22, so my insurance rates will have dropped, I'll have saved up money from jobs I'll have worked through college, some cash from selling my Z, and a good credit rating. I should be able to pick up a few years old leased one for 50-60 grand, and I'll have hopefully saved 20 grand or so. With my car being sold on top of that, it should be more like 32-35 grand, which leaves 15-28 grand to put on a loan.
Its funny, after I have my 370z for awhile I want a GT-R at some point in my life. We literally have like the same taste in cars.

VW Up White special edition, bought new a few months ago for £13000/$21000, 75BHP, 65MPG, free tax, free servicing, all very cheap to run as it's my first car.
I was scanning posts quick and at first I read that as 758 HP. I was just thinking what the forget do you have in the engine bay? Lol

Pfft. 75BHP? How long does it take to get to sixty? 20 seconds?

Edit: Sowy for double post. :/

Dunno, don't really give a forget. I commute ~30 miles a day and it does 65mpg easy, speed isn't a concern.

uh, what's up with the poll? like, how it says "Import (Asia)"
bc I know for sure that Asia isn't the only area that imports cars, and I know even more surely that not all of the Asian manufacturers have to export cars to the US
I'm not sure about this, but idk of any European manufacturers with factories in the US, but there are definitely Kia factories here
and besides all of that, the poll assumes that everyone who votes lives in the US

I seriously loving want one of these things

I want a custom Italian sports car

Those are like mustangs on steroids

I want a custom Italian sports car
Those are like mustangs on steroids
like a lambo? that's what I want. a Diablo only costs like $200,000 I think

the Hotspot

Reporting for duty!

Also, It can be from other GTAs, right?

Audi R8

What would be nice to have is either a 1957 bel air or a 1960 imperial LeBaron. 1960 LeBarons are nearly impossible to find, though.

What would be nice to have is either a 1957 bel air or a 1960 imperial LeBaron. 1960 LeBarons are nearly impossible to find, though.
http://www.mcecars.com/viewInventory.cfm?invID=524
???

the rarity of that is nothing compared to the reventon tho