Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 858244 times)

Any particular reason why my starter spins freely the first time I crank it?

https://youtu.be/DFtWnQz8ivA

It always catches the second time but I'm just worried it'll become a problem inthe future. It's a 29 year old Ford with 300,000 miles and mostly original parts so I'll give it a break.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 08:17:04 AM by Steve5451² »

im not sure, my camry does that randomly some times

It always catches the second time but I'm just worried it'll become a problem inthe future. It's a 29 year old Ford with 300,000 miles and mostly original parts so I'll give it a break.

Could it be a belt, possibly?

I checked my belts a couple days ago and they're good.

a mazda rx8 near my house caught fire in its engine. sad day for him
i cant get a picture of it because its been moved now

in other news around my house, heres a car
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:30:26 PM by TheKid »

bendix isn't engaging all the way out probably sticking in there from being dirty (or old)
you could clean the bendix shaft with carb cleaner and then oil it just to see if that helps

speaking of rotaries we had an rx8 come to the shop where I work. they are very interesting lil vehicles
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:55:50 PM by Isjix »

My friend jake who drives a modded Prelude has a neighbor who drives an RX8. It's so loud that it echoes off of cars and houses in the neighborhood and pisses people off.

The best way to avoid two red lights is to use two right turns.

As I was traveling behind a wall of slow traffic that had been bunched up by previous red lights, I look ahead just in time to see yet another light going red. Using a turn lane to bypass the traffic, I made a right at the light onto a frontage road alongside the highway.

Keeping pace with the traffic that had just started to accelerate again, I drove along the frontage road until the next stoplight on the highway, which had also turned red, so I pulled the same maneuver back onto the highway and passed the entire group of cars right as their light turned green and all I had ahead of me was empty highway.

stuff that area looks super familiar to me

It's Fenton/High Ridge

tmw you're at a car show and there's three pininfarina designed cars next to each other

tmw two are yours

tmw you're at a car show and there's three pininfarina designed cars next to each other

tmw two are yours

Cadillac Allante snap?

Jag isn't in it but yeah.