Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 832205 times)

been a M I N U T E, sold my blue truck ):   

bought a 1999 F250 2wd with 80k miles

and now i bought this 2011 F350 in texas :)

still trying to get a deezol tho

oh wow there's a car thread huh

i finally got the first of the major work done on my 2010 rogue (like 160k miles on him and his previous owner didn't take good care of him, only had the car since may of this year). got the drive belt replaced about a week ago (mechanic who's been workin on cars for like 30yrs told me it was the worst one he'd ever seen) and then finally got all my inner and outer tie rod ends replaced. dealership tried to charge me close to $1k for it when they'd only quoted the work as being close to $500, so a little bit of crying from me and some calm negotiating from my dad got them to drop the service charge much lower to what i was quoted originally.

next up i need to replace the control arms, fix an oil cooler leak, find a more permanent solution to my failing catalytic converter error codes, get new spark plugs, and get my brake fluid replaced

Finally tuned my car for E85 and wow, what a world of difference.

RIP, selling our Toyota today :(

Might as well post images of the 400k mile car that runs damn good minus that it sips water, drove it myself a few times :^)

even the loving AC works on it lmao

if you don't have a dashboard mounted tachometer you aint cool

ive got the same tach ziptied to my steering column lol

I'm gonna get a car again soon, but due to the way taxation works in the EU I'm gonna be looking for a car with a weight as low as possible. Are there any non-boring cars made between 2007 and 2014 that aren't a billion dollars secondhand and have low weight? Of course EU market differs from the US but in general it should be the same. Currently looking at a Toyota Crown with 256hp but that weighs 1527kg.

EDIT: And has the steering wheel on the wrong side lol
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:35:30 AM by TheArmyGuy »

if you know someone with a diagnostic tool and depending on the code you might be able to get the CEL reset long enough for you to get it inspected.

I have a scanner and resetting it only keeps it off while the car is running. Once the engine is reset, it comes back. I attempted this for the last inspection and not only did the mechanic catch what I was doing, but he said there needs to be more miles on the car since the last CEL reset before he can call it good.

hyundai tiburon fam. i don't have the 2.7 v6 version but it's still an amazing car to drive fast. fwd, which makes you think eh, but put a strut brace on it and boom it corners so sharp and responsively. they weigh a bit, but not as much as that toyota crown you've mentioned lol.

another very nice one is the smart roadster. forget me a remapped one of those is surprisingly quick considering it's got a 700cc motorbike engine in the back. i think they stopped production of them earlier than 2007 though.

hyundai tiburon fam. i don't have the 2.7 v6 version but it's still an amazing car to drive fast. fwd, which makes you think eh, but put a strut brace on it and boom it corners so sharp and responsively. they weigh a bit, but not as much as that toyota crown you've mentioned lol.

another very nice one is the smart roadster. forget me a remapped one of those is surprisingly quick considering it's got a 700cc motorbike engine in the back. i think they stopped production of them earlier than 2007 though.
I wouldn't call the Tiburon fast by any means, especially the 4cyl. If you were truly looking for something light I would look into something like a Mazda or Honda. The mazda miata is roughly ~2500lbs

miata is always the answer

it's about as slow/fast as a na miata, which IMO puts it into fun car territory. they are under powered just like a miata, but handle well and are a decent stepping stone to faster things. driving these types of cars at their limit fast on twisty roads is undeniably fun. IMO between the two I'd pick up the miata, but good ones are hard to come by in Europe cause of the road salt and rust.

if you want stupid power just get a motorcycle lol, an ancient 600 will beat any modern car. but straight line power just gets boring after a while.

y e e e e e e e t

I'm gonna get a car again soon, but due to the way taxation works in the EU I'm gonna be looking for a car with a weight as low as possible. Are there any non-boring cars made between 2007 and 2014 that aren't a billion dollars secondhand and have low weight? Of course EU market differs from the US but in general it should be the same. Currently looking at a Toyota Crown with 256hp but that weighs 1527kg.

EDIT: And has the steering wheel on the wrong side lol
honda fit sport perhaps?