Author Topic: Britain preparing for severe raging storms, making landfall this coming Monday  (Read 4888 times)

Schools across the country will be closed because it's loving half term.

The most damage a storm here will do is it'll knock over some fences, maybe uproot a small tree or branches and possibly kill a couple stupid homeless people sleeping under trees, rather than using the myriad of support out there for them.

How the forget do you panic buy bacon when that stuff is like 14 dollars now. People now buy sausage where I live because bacon is an arm and a leg
the world's supply of bacon will run out from this storm

it's a good investment

I noticed a mild breeze today. I recon it's all bullstuff

How the forget do you panic buy bacon when that stuff is like 14 dollars now. People now buy sausage where I live because bacon is an arm and a leg

Bacon is quintessentially English - our government keeps the prices low like the American government keeps oil prices down.

Yawn. I'll believe it when it happens. Also the met office says 60 not 80.

Be more worried about plaque and zombies.

[i mg]http://i.imgur.com/JnIBgF2.jpg[/img]
:^)
though i live right near the loving border so this should be fun

I had a bacon roll for breakfast this morning.

Bacon is quintessentially English - our government keeps the prices low like the American government keeps oil prices down.
The day that bacon isn't available to all is the day the revolution begins.

But really, bacon is a backbone of British culture and living. We've been living off of it for centuries. There's always some form of affordable bacon available to buy.

So basically, a hurricane, right? Kinda like Hurricane Sandy for us up here in the east coast?

But really, bacon is a backbone of British culture and living. We've been living off of it for centuries.

who wouldn't want onna these
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:29:39 PM by The Resonte! »

Wow, and bacon is relatively cheap here lol.  Like $4 or something.

So basically, a hurricane, right? Kinda like Hurricane Sandy for us up here in the east coast?
It's not strictly a hurricane. Just strong wind. It won't be anywhere quite as disastrous as a hurricane. But the British news will probably play it off as a disaster.

There's something central to the British psyche concerning the weather. I think it's just because we have predictably unpredictable weather.

Our worst weather, unless it's from an Icelandic volcano or Ukrainian nuclear meltdown, is usually the tail-end of American hurricanes drifting across the Atlantic.

There's something central to the British psyche concerning the weather. I think it's just because we have predictably unpredictable weather.

I think it's because of that crazy huge storm in 1987 where the BBC told everyone it'd be fine and there was nothing to worry about. Ever since then they've just played it up entirely to avoid getting caught out again.

And I admit I panic-bought bacon and eggs. I may not be going to work tomorrow if the trains are screwed but I'm certainly having breakfast.

Man, I'm at the age where I kinda hope my college is closed due to the weather but I also hope it isn't because I want to finish my IT course tomorrow :I

Everyone's making a huge deal out of it, I saw people panic-buying bacon and eggs at the supermarket this morning. It's just going to be a little more windy than usual and if it turns out to be much worse I'm going to edit my post.

do you still live on a boat? :o