Britain preparing for severe raging storms, making landfall this coming Monday

Author Topic: Britain preparing for severe raging storms, making landfall this coming Monday  (Read 4892 times)

Storms will make landfall on Britain's Southern Coastline, and then make its way up toward inner parts of England, and Wales. Wind gusts are expected to be 80mph+ (130km+). Airline delays and cancellations will be happening throughout most British airports -- namely Heathrow. Schools all across the country may not be open, power will be cut to a minimum, public services will be extremely limited, and most of the Kingdon will be under threat. Train departures will also be cut, if not eliminated throughout most of Britain during this. Oceanographers and forecasters say this will be one of the worst storms in British history.

Imagery of a kite surfer making his way through waters in Newquay, Cornwall:

Do you know anyone who is in the eye of the storm, or are you taking precautionary measures because of this?

Discuss!

im the person in the front row watching this movie take place

Yawn. I'll believe it when it happens. Also the met office says 60 not 80.

Be more worried about plaque and zombies.

Everyone's making a huge deal out of it, I saw people panic-buying bacon and eggs at the supermarket this morning. It's just going to be a little more windy than usual and if it turns out to be much worse I'm going to edit my post.

Everyone's making a huge deal out of it, I saw people panic-buying bacon and eggs at the supermarket this morning. It's just going to be a little more windy than usual and if it turns out to be much worse I'm going to edit my post.
Just like them paranoid idiots who think there will be an apocalypse.

Just like them paranoid idiots who think there will be an apocalypse.

I'm gonna sit at my computer in America and laugh my head off.

As will the 96% of other Americans.

Yeah just like we did for 9/11, Hurricane Katrina etc. Sooo funi lol xD

As will the 96% of other Americans.

What are the other 4% doing?

Yeah just like we did for 9/11, Hurricane Katrina etc. Sooo funi lol xD

Britain and America Hate Club (est. 1776)

im an American and this is ignorant as forget

Lol  obviously not gonna actually "laugh".  I just mean that I'm not going to lose sleep over this.

that storm is hitting north of france right now

How the forget do you panic buy bacon when that stuff is like 14 dollars now. People now buy sausage where I live because bacon is an arm and a leg