Game Design Megathread

Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 442348 times)

http://i.imgur.com/ZE6ollG.mp4

I just learned how to do the scrolling thing

The game you have going looks solid, but you should really look into ways of improving your art assets.  Even putting quality aside, it's really inconsistent how much certain objects stand out.  The trees and tanks are really bold and look like they should be solid foreground objects, but they're part of the background.  Inversely, the crates are really soft-looking, like they shouldn't be solid even though they are.

the gems also seem to be blending in with the background

The game you have going looks solid, but you should really look into ways of improving your art assets.  Even putting quality aside, it's really inconsistent how much certain objects stand out.  The trees and tanks are really bold and look like they should be solid foreground objects, but they're part of the background.  Inversely, the crates are really soft-looking, like they shouldn't be solid even though they are.
this
your colors aren't the best combination and some stuff needs to stand out more (like the gems) and some a little less (like the windows)
maybe i could help u with colors??? i have a couple examples i can pm

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:36:34 PM by chrisbot6 »

heyy someone else uses clickteam fusion
noice
My Swedish friend used CTF until he realised it was far too basic for his unique gameplay, and was forced to scrap and restart his major project in Unity.

maybe i could help u with colors??? i have a couple examples i can pm

Sure, PM me when you can

PROGRESS (clicky to enlargey):

Cryptic bonus image:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:25:16 PM by chrisbot6 »

it's a party
do want

How does this work? Is it a multiplayer survival/rp game of some kind? I ask because I can see pickups of logs and... wizard hats?

i took suggestions for the dialogue options from this discord im in
never again am i doing that

Taking a little break from Chatters to work on a quick Donkey Kong fangame.  Mario here is player-controlled, while DK is entirely AI.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 07:04:15 PM by Plastiware »

i took suggestions for the dialogue options from this discord im in
never again am i doing that
is that cube 2