Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 433099 times)

You should use another effect for when being hit by an enemy.

yeah it looks like power rangers combat

maybe add a small bit of mercy invincibility so you don't get double-hit like you did?

i can see why i should add another hit effect but i love the idea of getting hit so hard you crash through walls

like i've set up combat so that you can clear encounters extremely fast by getting the first blow on an unaware enemy or just using an air-down attack but i've also made it so that an enemy who is aware of you requires substantially more effort and time to fight off, and a group of enemies being aware of you is basically shorthand for "RUN THE forget OUT OF THIS SCREEN RIGHT NOW"

i can see why i should add another hit effect but i love the idea of getting hit so hard you crash through walls

like i've set up combat so that you can clear encounters extremely fast by getting the first blow on an unaware enemy or just using an air-down attack but i've also made it so that an enemy who is aware of you requires substantially more effort and time to fight off, and a group of enemies being aware of you is basically shorthand for "RUN THE forget OUT OF THIS SCREEN RIGHT NOW"

I meant for when the enemy hits you. The effect works very well when crashing through walls.

I wish I could show off more of my game but that would ruin it so here is a little something until then.

how not to make mooks by bushido
when he runs really fast using jets or whatever those are

it kinda looks like he's farting really hard

i'm sorry if you said this but i didn't see it, but

what are you making this with?

i still think it's really weird how the ui lags behind but idk if that's just a bug or planned to be fixed

i still think it's really weird how the ui lags behind but idk if that's just a bug or planned to be fixed
I'm planning on fixing it, but for now I haven't figured out how

i think its kinda neat i guess

the run animation looks off
and all the standing punch animations lack power, in my opinion

the run animation looks off
i dunno it just feels so...
STRAIGHT
needs more bounce maybe?

i think leaning forward more would help too
same with the punching animations

I'm planning on fixing it, but for now I haven't figured out how
It seems as though you make the UI move whenever and wherever the camera moves. Why not just make it so the UI is always at the camera's position?