Game Design Megathread

Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443065 times)

if it was the copyright slide for the person who made the game, yes
Please tell me you're having a giggle. You'd have to be ridiculously pedantic and really silly to judge the quality of a whole game, including its gameplay, visuals, audio, input/output, technical specs and so because of a copyright slide.

that
I'm not following you. It's a hat. It's something I used to wear a lot. It means a fair bit to me. Nobody else wears that hat, making it unique in a sense.

If you're trying to imply something about furries, I'm not a furry and it has nothing to do with furries and if you think that way, it's your own sad judgement to blame.

Please tell me you're having a giggle. You'd have to be ridiculously pedantic and really silly to judge the quality of a whole game, including its gameplay, visuals, audio, input/output, technical specs and so because of a copyright slide.
you're not just judging a game. selling games takes a lot more than just that stuff. part of it is seeming professional
I'm not following you. It's a hat. It's something I used to wear a lot. It means a fair bit to me. Nobody else wears that hat, making it unique in a sense.
it could mean the entire world to you, but nobody who plays your games is gonna know that
If you're trying to imply something about furries, I'm not a furry and it has nothing to do with furries and if you think that way, it's your own sad judgement to blame.
im a furry

you're not just judging a game. selling games takes a lot more than just that stuff. part of it is seeming professional
But it's not something that goes in promotional materials at all, it's just something I add to the copyright slide lot at the start of my games or a little logo I place in the credits of my movies towards the end. I added it to that post because I needed one last slide from my presentation to even the images up and none of the other slides were really relevant out of context. For trailers I don't really see the need to add my name or "company" because there's no level of recognition yet.

Besides; I'm not professional yet, and I doubt I'll be at that level for a long time. I'm still barely a rookie and I've yet to publish one thing to my name. For this major, I want to pretend like I'm a big company during the assessment period, but I don't plan on publicly releasing it the same way I present it to my teachers.

it could mean the entire world to you, but nobody who plays your games is gonna know that
Of course. I don't see why that matters? Why is the Ubisoft logo a tidalwave-thingy? Why is the LucasArts logo a guy and an eyelid? Why is Monolith's logo a white shape inside a red shape? Why does Unity have a cell-shaded box without corners? Why does CryTek have 4 coloured arrow buttons? The list goes on.

They probably have a lot of meaning to the people who made them, but they're just recognisable symbols to the majority of people.

im a furry
Just checking.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:09:10 PM by McJob »

ITT: McJob is buttmad that his work sucks

MELT engine packages now have seperate states; unloaded, loading assets and ready. If you know how the system works, you can code some cool stuff.

Also allows for loading screens, which it good.

Working on minimaps, amongst other things.

yo uncalled for

like not having read any of mcjob's rants, that's still uncalled for

Are you a loving handicap? Of course I'm angry that I've basically wasted time on something that's not going to work. I should have had multiple ideas and developed each through playtesting, but instead I focused on the one, got blind and here I am. Thankfully I've come up with a much better, easier idea.

Are always such a sour prick? It's like if I try and post anything you have to seek it out and say "lol it's stuff". Just loving chill, you goddam tool.

-rant-

just don't listen to people like him. i'm glad you found a better idea, i hope it works out for you, but you shouldn't let him rain on your parade

Are you a loving handicap? Of course I'm angry that I've basically wasted time on something that's not going to work. I should have had multiple ideas and developed each through playtesting, but instead I focused on the one, got blind and here I am. Thankfully I've come up with a much better, easier idea.

Are always such a sour prick? It's like if I try and post anything you have to seek it out and say "lol it's stuff". Just loving chill, you goddam tool.

he was being a richard but you really need to calm down about video games...

i don't really blame mcjob considering the situation he is in

Lmao you wish I followed you around.

Lmao you wish I followed you around.
im pretty sure last thing people would want is a sour ass on their back.

I don't see why you're so pissed off McJob. What are you developing a game for?

I don't see why you're so pissed off McJob. What are you developing a game for?
it's his major project