Music Megathread

Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 197224 times)

me with like 4 months of experience
Hey! Not too bad! Nice dynamics. Sounds like it could be the intro to a really cool track with some more buildup.

BADLANDS

Currently one of the best things I've ever made.

https://soundcloud.com/sk-weaver/song-2-save-2

Been writing stuff with people. Can't practice much longer at the place we're at because the neighbor is threatening to sue even though we sound-proofed the garage to the best of our ability.

"The Monkey Store"
Good stretching of those vocals

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:55:08 AM by FelipeO_O_ »

anybody know a good small but punch-packing synthesized to use? i'm more of a DAW with kontakt 5 with tons of modules kinda guy, but i want a synth to add just that extra bit of modulation and variety to my tunes. was thinking moog but there's tons. any suggestions?

anybody know a good small but punch-packing synthesized to use? i'm more of a DAW with kontakt 5 with tons of modules kinda guy, but i want a synth to add just that extra bit of modulation and variety to my tunes. was thinking moog but there's tons. any suggestions?
like a physical synth? what's your budget? Multiple voices or just one? Digital oscillators or brown townog or does it not matter? what type of sounds would you want to be able to make? moogs are kind of luxury synths.

like a physical synth? what's your budget? Multiple voices or just one? Digital oscillators or brown townog or does it not matter? what type of sounds would you want to be able to make? moogs are kind of luxury synths.
a small modular/brown townog. i want a synth for good deep ranges. the bass i produce sounds good but i wanted one for just an extra touch of modulation. budget is like $300-$400

a small modular/brown townog. i want a synth for good deep ranges. the bass i produce sounds good but i wanted one for just an extra touch of modulation. budget is like $300-$400
there's not really a whole lot of options for modulars in the price range. the closest are the moog mother 32 for $600 or the make noise 0-coast for $500.
if you broaden your horizons to semi-modulars your options include the korg ms20 mini for $450 or the smaller, less modular arturia microbrute that has a small mod-matrix for $300

the moog mother 32 is pretty meat and potatos and only has one oscillator so you're not going to get a lot of crazy sounds out of it, but it does sound like a moog. the make noise 0 coast is a lot more west coast styled synthesis so you're bound to get some weird sounds out of it. personally i've had my eyes on the 0-coast since it was announced and really want one myself.

if it doesnt have to be modular or semi-modular but you still want brown townog there have been TONS of cheap brown townog synths released in the past couple of years that are great