Author Topic: Metropolis RPG Beta Bug Report Thread  (Read 13809 times)

Okay, just to keep everything organized I am making this thread for reporting bugs in the Metropolis RPG Beta server. I will do my best to fix the bugs asap, and some things that seem like bugs are actually intended, because this RP isn't like any other RP's. Thanks, everyone. The current buglist:

-When I baton a door, I get dems and the doors don't open.
-A few seconds after cutting down a tree, it seems to respawn and immediately fakekillbrick, then respawn again a few sec later.
- Can spawn vehicles for free
-Axe cuts faster than chainsaw.
-Players bricks are not part of the minigame when they are offline.
-Assault and Grand Theft Auto don't rack up dems.
-Fire needs to be fixed and enabled.
- Can't buy an axe from the labor terminal
- BuyResources doesn't work
- Can sell ammo to people but can't buy it from yourself
- Can't spawn items through the wrench GUI (used to work properly)

-vce doesnt work
"
Major Ocelot: On activate -> Self -> Ifplayerid -> equals -> 7926
Major Ocelot: Vartrue -> client -> Chatmessage -> hi
"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:20:00 PM by [USSR] Diggy »

As the Doctor profession, if you heal another person while you have full health you get a message that says "Username has full health" no matter what their health is and his or her health stays the same. However, if you heal someone while you have less than 100 health, healing works normally.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:30:33 PM by Duber »

Hi there, Diggy! I've been playing at your server for hours now, and I'm addicted and enjoying myself. One problem though: I tried purchasing a pick-axe, but it won't appear in my tools when I press Q. I bought the pick-axe again for $100 in-game, and it still didn't show up. Hope this can be fixed, thanks!

As the Doctor profession, if you heal another person while you have full health you get a message that says "Username has full health" no matter what their health is and his or her health stays the same. However, if you heal someone while you have less than 100 health, healing works normally.

I am not sure why, but when I was a doctor it didn't spawn me with any healing tools, medkits or even pills.

Wait... is Diggy... alive? Or undead?

he never died, hes just sylvanor.

he never died, hes just sylvanor.
I find it so funny that people think Diggy is Sylv. It's illogical.

As for Bugs:
  • When I baton a door, I get dems and the doors don't open.
  • When you type /training the list comes up twice.
  • A few seconds after cutting down a tree, it seems to respawn and immediately fakekillbrick, then respawn again a few sec later.
  • Rocket Ammo is broken. Bought 10 ammo, now I have unlimited shots.

And two more things.
  • Why does firefighting require a clean record?
  • People in-game are complaining about random account resets while they are offline
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:52:25 PM by stargatefan »

thank you everyone for your replies. I have been busy for the last couple days and have had no time to develop the mod. The most troubling thing is the accounts being lost. I have tried several workarounds to this but I still can't find a solution. I will continue working on this. As for the other bugs, they are minor and should be resolved quickly.

Edit: I have found the probable solution to why players were losing their data. It occurred when players left the server before spawning. I will have it patched by tomorrow, until then, don't leave before loading. Also patched: doctor heal, training EXP glitch

still no idea on why /help training displays the list twice, but oh well

p.s. Hi Phydeoux ^_^
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 01:18:04 PM by [USSR] Diggy »

As for Bugs:
  • When I baton a door, I get dems and the doors don't open.
  • When you type /training the list comes up twice.
  • A few seconds after cutting down a tree, it seems to respawn and immediately fakekillbrick, then respawn again a few sec later.
  • Rocket Ammo is broken. Bought 10 ammo, now I have unlimited shots.

And two more things.
  • Why does firefighting require a clean record?
  • People in-game are complaining about random account resets while they are offline
  • I will have to change the baton's code to work with new door codes.
  • no idea why training displays the list twice, but is low-priority for now.
  • I will have to test why it does this, I was trying to double the max length of time a brick stays fakekillbrick'd.
  • easy fix.

• Because they spawn with a fireaxe which can open doors near a fire, if a criminal starts a fire, they could use the fireaxe to break in
  • probably fixed

Hey Diggy, you added MetroRPVariableTrue/False as a placeholder while you got the admin-only bug fixed, but those new events are also admin only. Just thought I'd get that out there.

The admin only events seem to be controlled from outside the mod and add-ons, I can't figure this one out yet, possibly the game engine is limiting it because it thinks it could be used for spam... This might take some looking into but it worked in much earlier versions of Blockland

i dont understand why you arent just using your old mod?

i dont understand why you arent just using your old mod?

Diggy said he removed parts he didn't like, but I guess that broke parts of the mod as well? Some of it needed updated anyways, like the baton to the new doors.