Author Topic: Metropolis RPG Beta Bug Report Thread  (Read 13457 times)

oops, i'll get on that. and you're right one pill should probable make 1 meth.. i guess its a huge pill or something

VCE is being very slow. If I don't wait 5 seconds in between each key press on my coded door, it won't work.

So, when I got my narcotics training earlier today, I lost my grapple training... 6k down the drain.

hey, i (poo) tried to come and finish the hospital a couple of days ago and couldn't work on it because i "can't build outside of a lot"...

Bug in the building/lumber system. Lumber will be taken if you get a 'float brick' error while building. Also, ever thought of using disappear for when a tree gets cut down rather than fakekillbrick?

Remember to get rid of Onrelay -> self -> Firerelay
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:11:52 PM by stargatefan »

So, when I got my narcotics training earlier today, I lost my grapple training... 6k down the drain.

You can only have one training at a time, not a bug.

Also, Often times when I try to say something after using an ATM and not selecting anything after walking away, it will still say "...is not a valid option".

The 'VCE ID List' event appears to be broken. The 'BL_ID equals' event still works.

Also, the latest version of VCE: https://www.mediafire.com/?0gseudrv9x9rub3

Addition to post 1/31: All Weed in hand is lost when you leave the server.

Addition to post 2/1: There seems to be a weird phenomena going on around the server. For some reason, individual bricks are just randomly disappearing then reappearing a couple of seconds later. Evidence of this can be seen in some of the terminals with rendering 'on' around the server. I have so far personally witnessed my weed bricks, a wall of my lot, a section of stairs and my safe randomly disappear. Occurrence seems to be completely random. It is rather annoying to walk through a wall that is suppose to hold me back, or fall through my floor for no apparent reason.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:29:33 AM by stargatefan »

Server seems to be offline again.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:13:49 PM by stargatefan »

hey, sorry for the downtime. I took some extra shifts at work last week so I couldn't be on. I have some time to work on the mod again this weekend. I will try to get real estate working

Bug: On legal sales only, if you (the buyer) are an 'illegal,' the vendor will take your cash and not spawn you a gun.

stargate its not a bug people are just using the events wrong. you need to make your requestfunds legal sales as well if you want it to work properly. or just use sellitem, which is newer and combines requestfunds and additem into one.

update: i have done updates to vehicles, they should take damage when hitting bricks at high speeds. real estate should fully transfer lots you buy to you.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:37:16 AM by [USSR] Diggy »

stargate its not a bug people are just using the events wrong. you need to make your requestfunds legal sales as well if you want it to work properly. or just use sellitem, which is newer and combines requestfunds and additem into one.

update: i have done updates to vehicles, they should take damage when hitting bricks at high speeds. real estate should fully transfer lots you buy to you.

Vehicle ramming damage does not appear to be working properly. After ramming about 10 objects the jeep will catch fire, but won't die. One jackhammer hit after it catches fire will kill it. Also, Vehicle respawn appears to break when the vehicle catches fire. Can't respawn, can't recover.

Edit: On second thought, you could always make it so it really catches fire and destroys itself, along with giving it the ability to set nearby bricks ablaze.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:19:03 PM by stargatefan »

its intended for the vehicle to not respawn after it's destroyed

I have another suggestion.

Bring back the paychecks, but change them.  Each job has a set rate, except for Laborer and maybe Criminal.  However, lets say you're a cop and you catch a lot of criminals in a tick, you get the bounties, as well as an increased amount on your paycheck for that tick that is based on how many people you caught.

I'll probably make the amount of pay based on your EXP level. If I gave temporary raises they would be erased if the player drops and comes back, unless i add another line to the saving system, which wouldn't be worth it.

edit: brought back pay for doctors and police officers. did some work on auto real estate, and temporarily made it so anyone who doesnt come on in 2 days will have their lots listed on auto real estate, mainly as a test, and only if the server stays up for 2 days straight (doubtful)

Edit: On second thought, you could always make it so it really catches fire and destroys itself, along with giving it the ability to set nearby bricks ablaze.

this is a good idea, but would take more knowledge of the engine than i currently have. but it could be done im guessing
Addition to post 1/31: All Weed in hand is lost when you leave the server.

Addition to post 2/1: There seems to be a weird phenomena going on around the server. For some reason, individual bricks are just randomly disappearing then reappearing a couple of seconds later. Evidence of this can be seen in some of the terminals with rendering 'on' around the server. I have so far personally witnessed my weed bricks, a wall of my lot, a section of stairs and my safe randomly disappear. Occurrence seems to be completely random. It is rather annoying to walk through a wall that is suppose to hold me back, or fall through my floor for no apparent reason.
1/31: I haven't noticed this, but i'll od a test of it
2/1: this is just plain odd, the only explanation i can think of is fire mod going haywire
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:03:05 AM by [USSR] Diggy »