Metropolis RPG Beta Bug Report Thread

Author Topic: Metropolis RPG Beta Bug Report Thread  (Read 13460 times)

thanks for the new suggestions, i will work on some of them. The mod shouldn't charge you for priced bricks that you can't make because of buried/stuck/floating and police get a reward again, but it comes out of the criminal's bank. Personal vaults are not affected by jailing. I added code on to make every brick in a person's build owned by the owner of the lot when loaded. This should fix ownership problems. The server is now running again

There are a couple more bugs that I have noticed...
  • If you are wanted, like 5-6 star wanted, you cannot see whose lot you are on.
  • VCE doesn't seem to be working properly. It is very sluggish to respond when I set it to open my door on my ID.(There is a newer VCE version)
  • You don't get dems if you kill someone with a vehicle explosion.
  • Lumber doesn't drop every time you die, but you still lose it.
  • If you drop lumber with the drop command, the lumber will have a $ sign next to the quantity

Other Suggestions:

• Health loss for woodcutting should ether be a little less drastic, OR it should be cheaper to heal yourself.
  • The money that takes taken from a criminals bank account on being jailed should be sliced in half. Fines should also only exist for 3 star plus criminals.
  • Use JVS Doors instead of legacy doors. This will also save work in the long run as you won't have to recode the baton.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:19:12 PM by stargatefan »

The server appears to be down again.  The connection timed out for me last night.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:59:28 AM by TikanX »

the hard drive the server is running seems to be dying, I'm trying to get another hosting solution ready soon. Either RTB hosting or getting another hard drive
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:35:28 AM by [USSR] Diggy »

the hard drive the server is running seems to be dying, I'm trying to get another hosting solution ready soon. Either RTB hosting or getting another hard drive

There are many many reasons why RTB host would be the better solution. As far as the cost goes, remember that it also adds up on an electric bill to run a computer 24/7.

I just found a bug, whenever I purchase a lumberjack axe from "Slev Guns", it takes my money but it never gives me the tool.

Suggestion: Why not change the way the experience system works? I don't know if you have ever played Runescape back in the day, but why not make a system sorta like that?(without having different levels for different skills, although it would be cool) For instance, every log you cut will have a certain XP rate, say 5 xp per log. After say, 50xp, you level up from EXP level 0 to 1. After that, make it require more to level up again, say 100xp to get from EXP 1 to 2 and so on... This would effectively make it easy to get EXP at first, but have the time it takes going from one EXP to the next longer each time going from one ecp to the next. I'll see if I can use flow charts for a visual representation of what I am describing.

I added code on to make every brick in a person's build owned by the owner of the lot when loaded. This should fix ownership problems.
Uhhh... What about Sylv's condos?

Some items are missing, like the AK and the Mac10.

I readded the weapons. Someone donated so I got a RTB server for the mod until hosting runs out.

Suggestion: Why not change the way the experience system works? I don't know if you have ever played Runescape back in the day, but why not make a system sorta like that?(without having different levels for different skills, although it would be cool) For instance, every log you cut will have a certain XP rate, say 5 xp per log. After say, 50xp, you level up from EXP level 0 to 1. After that, make it require more to level up again, say 100xp to get from EXP 1 to 2 and so on... This would effectively make it easy to get EXP at first, but have the time it takes going from one EXP to the next longer each time going from one ecp to the next. I'll see if I can use flow charts for a visual representation of what I am describing.

Sorry, no flow chart, but this is a more detailed description on how the XP system should work. First off, with this system, you will receive XP for every task you do. For instance, 1 log = 1 XP; Arresting as a cop = 150 XP; Arresting as bounty hunter 100 XP; Killing someone = 1 XP. I think you might be getting the point by now. Of course, you wouldn’t want a requirement of 25000 XP for jobs and stuff, so we would need to introduce another simpler variable, the ‘Level system.’ The level system would be used to determine what jobs/training you would be able to do. 100 XP could = lvl 1; 200 XP = lvl 2; 400 XP = lvl 3; 800 XP = lvl 4; and so on. All the possible tasks you can do would require between lvl 1 and lvl 50. All values listed would be subject to change when and if they get implemented.

VCE is still admin only :c

New bug:
Selling ore is broken for me. When I say "2" to sell ore it tells me I have the actual amount of ore I have. When I press the number I would like to sell it tells me I have 0 ore.

I have done an update of many things: labor board fix, changed the way ore works (once its mined its gone forever, and a WIP lava brick makes new ore bricks), finalized meth lab brick, at least partially fixed real estate, added pills again.

Meth is borked.

When you first click the meth lab to begin making meth, instead of taking on pill, it takes all of the pills in your inventory.

Also, I have a suggestion regarding meth labs.  I feel making meth requires way too many pills.  You can only hold 4 pills at a time if you don't throw away your main tools.  I think 1 pill should allow you to make much more meth.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:39:04 PM by TikanX »