Author Topic: Metropolis RPG Beta Bug Report Thread  (Read 13984 times)

Because the ports aren't forwarded yet.
Shucks ...

Diggy, it appears I removed you off Steam. Please accept my request, I've got to talk about the models I've sent you and I've got some other things to offer you.

Hey, you're right about the ports not being forwarded yet, I'm actually using my friend's host PC to host the server, but I guess he hasn't got my message about the port forwards yet. He just lives down the street from me and his box is pretty good. I've been working like crazy at my job so I won't be able to work on the mod until friday. Derr is your steam name the same as your BL name?

Unfortunately it is not the same. I sent you a message, get back to me when you can so we can have a convo.

Server's back up, there appears to be some minor issues though.

The skybox is off, it's a night one with stars and it doesn't change.

Around the bank and surrounding lots, there's a huge cube that is solid grey, not quite sure what it is.

So, I added ammo to my shop today, but I noticed that there is no Sell Ammo event. Not that big of a deal since I can still use request funds, but that seems just a bit risky.

It would be nice if a Sell lumber/ore event could be added so shops can sell lumber/ore.

When eventing to sell health, the description line will only accept one character.

I get assault dems from hitting bots, but not murder dems. (Only tested on horse)

If someone else crashes my car, I get assault dems.

Entering illegal bountys by player ID does not work. It will take the ID as the cash amount.

You should add a text/save file to the mod that records peoples names, IDs, and the last time they connected to the server. This could be then tied into real estate and the lot ownership messages when you walk over someones lot.

As for the multiple trainings idea, add a command " /delete training 'Enter training here' "  When you have 2 trainings and try to get a thrid, have the message "You can only have two trainings at a time; type /delete training 'training' to delete your current training."

Also, Please turn off Legacydoors and use JVS content. (Note: If I remember correctly, Legacy breaks JVS)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:26:16 AM by stargatefan »

I should be able to fix most of those thigns, star, but im confused about the doors issue. I have support_doors.zip and support_legacydoors.zip. They seem to be working alright. I dont understand what I need or why I need it

I should be able to fix most of those thigns, star, but im confused about the doors issue. I have support_doors.zip and support_legacydoors.zip. They seem to be working alright. I dont understand what I need or why I need it
First off, I don't mind support_doors.zip. It works fine. Legacy_doors.zip is the questionable one. Legacy_doors are basically recoded JVS Doors. Unfortunately, the remake isn't nearly as good as the original. One example of this is if a door in the support_legecydoors pack closes when someone is standing inside, it will effectively trap the player in the door with no way to get out. JVS doors deal with this with OnPlayerStuck events. What I am requesting is that JVS_Content, JVS DoorsPack0, JVS_DoorsPack1, and JVS_DoorsPack2 get added, while tossing Legacy_doors.

Any chance there could be a labor building put amongst the labor trees? With the new lot spaces, it kinda puts a barrier between the building and the trees. Or you could even put the labor building in one of those new lots.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:56:06 PM by stargatefan »

When someone steals pills from you, the pill item is no longer in your inventory even though you still have pills.

I clicked yes to pay my fine to get outa jail and nothing happened....

Server seems to require a password now?

EDIT: I'm starting to get worried.  Didn't you set the auto RE to 2 days?  The server has had a password for almost that long now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:08:41 AM by TikanX »

Ok, what broke?

One more thing. Right before this comes out of beta, you need to make it so you cannot harvest drugs while AFK.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:31:19 AM by stargatefan »

I only set auto RE to 2 days for that one occasion. it should be back to 7 or 10 or whatever it was. I accidentally put in $pref::server::pass instead of $pref::server::password when I tried to de-password it last, derp, it is open to public again now. Anyways, I'll be busy until friday with work and won't really have time to bugfix until then.

When your build goes to auto RE the ''named brick'' event tab gets screwed up.

For some reason the server is not responding to connection attempts. Port Forwarding issue?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:20:25 PM by stargatefan »

There's a major server-wide bug regarding RE.  You need to fix it ASAP, you'll know what it is when you join.