The Unofficial Blockland Teamspeak - Disbanded

Poll

Which do you use most for mic chat?

Mumble
Steam
Other

Author Topic: The Unofficial Blockland Teamspeak - Disbanded  (Read 17088 times)

did it go down or

EDIT oops nvm its back up

Teamspeak server went down unexpectedly, says it's up but its not letting anybody connect.

EDIT:

EDIT again: It's up now :P
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:57:10 PM by Nobot »

Oh stuff I guess you all are gonna hear my manly voice.

where are you?

You never joined :(

Bump.

Announcement:

You can now ban certain users from entering your channel! :D

To do this you right click their name, go to set channel group, and set them to Channel Banned. After you do this, kick them from the channel and they will be unable to re-enter.

One small issue though. If you were to ever want to un-ban the user, you would have to get a moderator, administrator, or me, to move them into that channel and then you can change their channel group to a normal user.

Bump.

Announcement:

You can now ban certain users from entering your channel! :D

To do this you right click their name, go to set channel group, and set them to Channel Banned. After you do this, kick them from the channel and they will be unable to re-enter.

One small issue though. If you were to ever want to un-ban the user, you would have to get a moderator, administrator, or me, to move them into that channel and then you can change their channel group to a normal user.

I don't understand why you can't normally just un ban a user. Aren't you the administrator of your own channel?

I don't understand why you can't normally just un ban a user. Aren't you the administrator of your own channel?
The issue is that when you change their channel group to banned it sets their channel join power to like -999.
Doing this makes them unable to join right?

Well since they can't re-join, you can't change their channel group anymore since they aren't in the channel.
So you can't ever change them to a normal user unless they are in your channel because it applies to your channel.

Well an admin or moderator has to move them to the channel so you can change their group, if you ever wanted to.

The issue is that when you change their channel group to banned it sets their channel join power to like -999.
Doing this makes them unable to join right?

Well since they can't re-join, you can't change their channel group anymore since they aren't in the channel.
So you can't ever change them to a normal user unless they are in your channel because it applies to your channel.

Well an admin or moderator has to move them to the channel so you can change their group, if you ever wanted to.
Oh ok, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Bump, the teamspeak server has a new interface, it is now a hotel and user channels are now hotel rooms, we have free towels and happy hour.

Don't forget a bunch of girls, 20 per person

Bump Announcement

Added a role-play style. The Teamspeak server is now based off a hotel layout.
Added 'doors'. If you want, you can 'close' your door from your room and nobody can see you in your channel, unless they enter.
Unfortunately, only administrators and I will be able to open/close doors. It's an extra feature so it shouldn't be an issue.
We are still experimenting with this idea, so let us know what you think.