Poll

Nothing here.

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Ravencroft's 2v2 Basketball Tournament (The Horses are your July 2014 champs!)  (Read 71823 times)

Btw I'm watching the live stream video of the game. (http://www.twitch.tv/blake1blockland/b/531519818)

The VERY FIRST SCORE waldo messed it up, it was a 3 pointer and he gave them 2. (timestamp 37:20)

Continuing through the video now.

He just did it again. (40:01) 3 point shot, marked only 2.

Purple stepped out clearly and it wasn't called out. (40:15)

Purple stole the ball out of their hands, it goes out, it's purples ball. (42:40)

Clear as day foul by purple, no call. (47:35)

Tunas threw the ball out of play, but they get it back? (50:20)

CLEAR foul not called (51:10)
Come on WALDO, theres 7 messed up calls and it's barely into the second period!

3 pointer counted as 2 again. (52:00)

Foul that wasn't called. (59:36)

Half court shot violation. (1:00:20)

Another half court shot. (1:06:50)

half.... court... shot... (1:12:10)

Ball bounces out of play at 0 seconds left, he adds 3 more seconds. wtf. (1:13:20)

13 forgeted up calls. That's 1 every minute and half almost.

-snip-
I applogize for the missed calls but there is no point in brown townyzing every call because no ref can keep track of everything perfectly. Even Raven messed up sometimes when he used to ref alone back in the previous tournaments, and some of the games were recorded on video. Search on YouTube "Blockland Basketball", and you should find the videos. I honestly don't want to mess up or miss any calls, so if you can spot every call and never miss any, go ahead and help out with reffing more, that'll be great. I did have Jakob as a back-up ref for yesterday's game, but he was AFK during most of it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:11:35 PM by WALDO »

I didn't brown townyze every call. I watched the video and made the call in my head. Went back and got the timestamp and continued watching the video.

After reviewing, in your defence, only 1/13 could have gone either way. Everything I saw was blatant and you need to work on that.

These calls can completely change the momentum of the game. The scores where you marked  only 2 points when it should be 3 could have made the other team "too" comfortable" with their lead but instead they only had 4 points. Same with the fouls, they could have though "we're still in this, 2 free points!"

I'm sorry WALDO but you need to work on it.

adsfdsafdsa
37:20 - yes that was a legitimate 3-pointer

40:01 - tuna guy jumped in the 3-pointer zone but shot in the 2-pointer zone

40:15 - yeah he did go out

42:40 - i'm not sure what happened here

47:35 - foul

50:20 - i think i stole the ball out of their hands and it went out but i can't be too certain about this

51:10 - foul

52:00 - shot in the 3-pointer zone so yes

59:36 - that one was on me

1:00:20 - halfcourt shot violations (teardrops?) are when you are standing in the box and you shoot
i told waldo if shooting while you're moving in the box was a violation during the rules and he said that only shots while you're standing still are counted as violations
lewa was moving when he shot, so it didn't count as a teardrop/halfcourt violation

1:06:50 - see 1:00:20

1:12:10 - see 1:00:20

1:13:20 - yeah it bounced out at 0 seconds

i might be wrong on some of these tell me if i am

37:20 - yes that was a legitimate 3-pointer
40:01 - tuna guy jumped in the 3-pointer zone but shot in the 2-pointer zone Counts as a 3
40:15 - yeah he did go out
42:40 - i'm not sure what happened here Purple stole the ball, it bounced out, it SHOULD be tunas, but purple got it
47:35 - foul
50:20 - i think i stole the ball out of their hands and it went out but i can't be too certain about thisYou could be right, looks like a bad shot to me
51:10 - foul
52:00 - shot in the 3-pointer zone so yes
59:36 - that one was on me
1:00:20 - halfcourt shot violations (teardrops?) are when you are standing in the box and you shoot
i told waldo if shooting while you're moving in the box was a violation during the rules and he said that only shots while you're standing still are counted as violations
lewa was moving when he shot, so it didn't count as a teardrop/halfcourt violationHe was behind the half court line
1:06:50 - see 1:00:20He was behind the half court line
1:12:10 - see 1:00:20He was behind the half court line
1:13:20 - yeah it bounced out at 0 seconds

i might be wrong on some of these tell me if i am

betel for new ref 2014

-snip-
Alright, I'll make sure to practice reffing more. I thought you looked at every call so that's why I was so defensive. But I'll definitely practice more on those aspects.

Alright, I'll make sure to practice reffing more. I thought you looked at every call so that's why I was so defensive. But I'll definitely practice more on those aspects.
How do you practice typing 3 instead of 2?..

How do you practice typing 3 instead of 2?..
I get players to do a practice game and I'll examine where their feet are and make sure I'll get the right call. It isn't about typing, that's easy to do.

I get players to do a practice game and I'll examine where their feet are and make sure I'll get the right call. It isn't about typing, that's easy to do.
You could also review the tape that I watched and read what i pointed out. See what you missed and stuff like that.

Can you even explain some of them? Like the blatant fouls?

You could also review the tape that I watched and read what i pointed out. See what you missed and stuff like that.

Can you even explain some of them? Like the blatant fouls?
Sure I can do that. I'll Steam you what I notice in the video once I watch it later.

The last Round 1 game, The Tripping Dribblers vs. Carbellions, is tomorrow at 5:00 PM EST! Who will move on to play against the Inians Tuna Catch in the 2nd round? It should be an exciting game!