Souls Series (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II) Megathread

Author Topic: Souls Series (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II) Megathread  (Read 11084 times)

Pre ordered for both PS3 and PC.

I Shall play this forever.

Don't buy either, get a controller before even considering buying a Dark Souls game
I had no problem with a keyboard.

Don't buy either, get a controller before even considering buying a Dark Souls game
I should totally try to play dark souls without a controller when I get it.
If I'm not crying by the end of it you guys owe me 20 dollars.

I should totally try to play dark souls without a controller when I get it.
If I'm not crying by the end of it you guys owe me 20 dollars.
It wasn't even that hard at all what the hell.

Should I buy Dark Souls now or wait for Dark Souls II?
PC only, no controller.

Depends on how much time you spend on games and whether or not you want to develop the PVP meta. If you're all about the story and the single player experience, I'd hold off on DSII and just get Dark Souls. Though the stories are supposed to be separate, I'm sure there will be all sorts of references hidden throughout the game. If you're all about the competitive nature of games and stuff, I'd go ahead and start playing DSII to get used to the items, weapons and movements, considering they'll be at least slightly different from the previous game. That way you can jump right into PVP when you've figured out what build you think will work.

Also, while you can play Dark Souls without a controller, it was built as a console game, so some of the control transitions are weird or difficult. If you can deal with that, you'll be fine. Dark Souls II apparently is being properly ported this time, so control should be better, so using a keyboard shouldn't be a problem. However, in both cases, using a controller is best, so I'd recommend picking up a $20 Xbox 360 controller asap.

I CAN NOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT.

what anime is that from, by any chance?
I don't remember which one specifically but this series.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/934/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni

I have Dark Souls II on Steam. I can't wait for it to come out.

I have Dark Souls II on Steam. I can't wait for it to come out.
have fun waiting until april

IT'S loving SIDEWAYS
ARE Y'ALL friend CASULS READY?

i'm so ready

EDIT:

forget

YES
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:45:27 PM by OrkusBorkus »